GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Protect your PC/laptops with these 10 best anti-hacking software for Windows 10
Hacking is a well-known method of remotely taking over or “crashing” your PC/laptop. Hackers are a constant threat for all Internet users. In today’s computer-dependent society, hacking has become such a problem that stronger measures must be implemented to stop hackers. While no antivirus can make your computer threat-proof, the best solution would be to use a complementary anti-hacking tool that is compatible with the antivirus software you are using, for an additional layer of protection.
In this article, we bring to you the best anti-hacking software that one can use in Windows 10, to make it difficult if not impossible for hackers to access your computer.
Given below are the best anti-hacking software products for Windows 10:
1. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Microsoft wants Windows 10 to be a tough cookie to crack for hackers due to complexity on the rise in cyber-attacks. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is a software product that attempts to detect and remove malware. This tool is built on the existing Windows 10 security defenses, and offers a better post-breach layer of protection. It identifies the threats that have circumvented defenses, and provides response references as well.
Currently, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection is available for Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise for Education, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro Education, and is already running on Insiders’ computers. This feature is expected to be made available by Microsoft to all Windows 10 users in the near future: “We encourage our customers to upgrade to Windows 10 for our most advanced security protection, with the opportunity to take advantage of Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection when it becomes available more broadly this year.”
If you are running a Windows Pro or Enterprise version, go to Windows Defender’s portal, sign in and download the Advanced Threat Protection feature.
2. Reason Core Security
This security tool removes malware and adware that your standard antivirus has missed. Reason Core Security offers real-time protection, stopping unwanted programs from being installed with software you download. Thanks to its multi-layer structure.
Other features include:
• Reason Core Security it’s quiet and unassuming, and won’t slow down your computer or eat up unnecessary resources.
• You are always protected against the most recent threats with cloud-based scans.
• Protects your web browser from adware extensions.
3. Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit
Microsoft’s Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) is a freeware security toolkit for Microsoft Windows. It provides a unified interface to enable and fine-tune Windows security features. The most common actions that hackers might use to access your computer are anticipated by this security feature, which is defended by diverting, ending, blocking, and canceling those actions. The main advantage is that it can be used as an extra layer of defense against malware attacks, after the firewall and before antivirus software.
Also, EMET works well with most commonly used home and enterprise third-party applications, protecting every file on your computer. This security tool can be downloaded from Microsoft for free.
SUPERAntiSpyware is a powerful anti-hacking tool that can detect and remove spyware, adware, trojan horses, rogue security software, computer worms, rootkits, parasites and other potentially harmful software applications. The repair system of this utility quickly enables the apps disabled by malware programs. Detailed logs are provided after each scan. Even though it can detect malware, SUPERAntiSpyware is not designed to replace antivirus software.
You can either use the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware from here.
By patching many of the existing Windows security issues, this free tool is designed to ensure that it very difficult for hackers to access your computer.
The following features are offered by Anti-Hacker:
• Disables “Run as Administrator” vulnerabilities.
• Cleans your computer privacy.
• Starts startup scanner.
• Identifies and removes keyloggers.
• Patches user account control for 3rd-party firewall software.
• Blocks PayPal donations spam.
You can download Anti-Hacker from here.
6. Trojan Remover
Trojan Remover is designed to automatically remove malware (trojans, worms, adware, spyware, etc.) from a PC when standard anti-virus software has either failed to detect the malware or is unable to effectively eliminate it. It can also detect and disable/remove malware hidden using rootkit techniques. Trojan Remover also removes the additional system modifications the malware may have made.
Other features include:
• Trojan Remover pops up an alert screen for each identified threat showing the file location and name, and offers to remove the program’s reference from the system files.
• You can browse individual files and directories from within Windows Explorer.
• The tool automatically re-starts your system and completely disables the threat on finding out malware that is memory-resident.
Trojan Remover is available for free for a 30-day period. You can either purchase it for $24.95 or uninstall it thereafter.
7. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is an application for computers running under the Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X operating system that finds and removes malware. It is available in a free version, which scans for and removes malware when started manually, and a paid version, which additionally provides scheduled scans, real-time protection and a flash memory scanner that will make your computer almost threat-proof.
What to expect from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:
• Avoids access to and from known malicious webpages.
• Prevents malware from ending Malwarebytes or transforming its processes.
• Identifies malware automatically in real-time, before it can pass on to the system.
• Allows you to schedule automatic scans and database updates.
• Scans faster by only looking for active threats.
You can try out Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes for free from here.
HitmanPro is a portable antimalware program, which aims to detect and (if found) remove malicious files and registry entries related to rootkits, trojans, viruses, worms, spyware, adware, rogue antivirus programs, ransomware, and other malware from infected computers. Hitman Pro is a free second opinion tool, which delivers confidence in a world where computers that are considered are compromised on a regular basis.
Since HitmanPro doesn’t depend on virus signatures, it is very successful as it gathers actionable intelligence and scans the collected information to identify which files act and look like malware. The tool looks for unethical file behaviors because it is a lot difficult for malware creators to drastically change the manipulative behavior of their malware.
Other features include:
• HitmanPro is a signature-less on-demand malware scanner of just 10 MB and doesn’t need installation. It can be started directly from an USB Flash Drive, CD/DVD, or network attached storage.
• It removes persistent threats from within the running operating system and exchanges infected Windows resources with safe original versions.
• It is a fast, typical malware scan with HitmanPro takes less than 5 minutes.
• You can download HitmanPro 3 from Sophos. HitmanPro offers home users a free one-time license, valid for thirty days.
9. McAfee Security Scan Plus
McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free diagnostic tool that safeguards your computer by actively checking for up-to-date antivirus, web security software, and firewall. It also scans for threats in any running programs.
Other features include:
• Silently installs and updates in the background and does not interfere in the productivity.
• You can customize scan frequency. Three alert options are provided to the user by the scheduled scan: Scan Now, Cancel, Remind me later.
• Identifies malware, trojans, and possibly unwanted programs in running processes and modules loaded by these processes. It also scans browser history and cookies.
You can test the tool on McAfee’s website.
10. Spybot Search & Destroy – free edition
Spybot – Search & Destroy (S&D) is a spyware and adware removal computer program compatible with Microsoft Windows 95 and later. It scans the computer hard disk and/or RAM for malicious software. It can repair the registry, Winsock LSPs, ActiveX objects, browser hijackers and BHOs, PUPs, HTTP cookies, trackerware, heavy duty, homepage hijackers, keyloggers, LSP, tracks, trojans, Spybots, revision, and other kinds of malware. It can also delete tracking cookies. Additionally, it has an Immunize function to block the installation of spyware before it occurs e.g. by making changes to the hosts file.
If you are already running Windows Defender, and you want to download the free edition of Spybot Search & Destroy, Windows will disable the tool because it comprises of antivirus components from the paid editions. The best solution is to disable Live Protection Spybot, enable Real-Time Protection in Windows Defender, and disable Windows Defender periodically to scan your system using Spybot.