GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Civil Service Title:
COMPUTER ASSOC (OPERATIONS)
Technology, Data & Innovation
Title Code No:
Proposed Salary Range:
$ 46,303.00 – $ 67,469.00 (Annual)
100 Church St., N.Y.
E – Discovery
Provide a wide range of technical services in support of electronic discovery at the New York City Law Department.
Will engage in hands-on management of e-discovery tools, including collecting, processing, loading, and producing electronic data and images to and from litigation support systems. Will conduct complex database searches, facilitate the technical administration of document review sessions with attorneys, design and conduct quality checks, and coordinate productions to external parties.
The position requires deep understanding of the requirements and practices of electronic discovery including the Electronic Discovery Reference Model and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Attention to detail and problem solving skills are critical as key data is secured and handed off to appropriate parties in a legally defensible fashion according to defined processes.
Experience is required supporting attorneys utilizing e-discovery support techniques, software, and equipment to provide technical assistance as described in the responsibilities section below. Must be able to handle multiple concurrent projects, work independently, and keep detailed records of tasks. Requires the combination of outstanding customer support capabilities and troubleshooting expertise.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Administer Concordance databases (create, load, apply security, tag management, CPLs, productions, etc.)
• Perform various Clearwell related tasks (perform collections, create databases, create productions, and any other administrative database task)
• Perform collections of various types of online content (social media, web sites, etc.)
• Encrypt and decrypt media coming into and leaving the office
• Create and modify load files for E-discovery platforms
• Create batch files/scripts to efficiently complete tasks
• QC case team and E-Discovery attorney productions from databases (e.g. tag conflicts, Bates ranges)
• Create productions using in-house tools (e.g. Concordance, Ringtail, Clearwell) and format productions to meet client specifications
• Communicate with vendors to meet case team needs
• Manipulate audio and video files produced to and by the Law Department
• Assist case teams with custom applications or uncommon file types
• Assist case teams with setup/configuration of in-house tools or hosted platforms
• Batch convert/manipulate files (images, PDFs, etc.)
• FTP data to and from vendors, agencies, experts, outside and opposing counsel
• Assist attorneys in use of culling tools like DTSearch; assist with testing of search terms and syntax
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A certificate from an accredited technical school (approximately 675 hours) with a specialization in computer operations, and two years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, working on large-scale mainframe computer operations or mainframe data communication networks; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in “1” above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and four years of satisfactory full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in “1” above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and/or experience equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above. However, all candidates must have at least two years of full-time experience, acquired within the last eight years, as described in “1” above.
It is strongly preferred that applicants have a combination of the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a technical role on E-discovery matters at a large organization
• Advanced skills in databases, spreadsheets and text editing tools required
• Experience with computer forensic tools such as FTK or Encase desirable
• Preferred experience in database management and document review
• Familiarity with various platforms and devices, ability to research and educate self with respect to Mac, tablets, mobile devices
• Advanced knowledge of Clearwell, Relativity, Concordance / FYI, Ringtail, dtSearch, Robocopy
• Working knowledge of E-Discovery processing tools (Nuix, eCapture, LAW, eScanIT)
• Project Management experience
Please click on the “Apply Now” button.
New York City Residency is not required for this position