Most companies are aware of Cybercrime, however many are yet to make a change to their level of Cyber security, largely because they’ve not been burnt first hand.
Underestimating the cost of a cyber-attack on your business can have significant repercussions in both monetary terms and often more importantly, reputation.
Usually our blogs are packed full of useful tips or advice. But this time, there are no tips for protecting yourself in this post and no best practice advice. Just straight facts about the frequency and severity of threats, in the hope that it may encourage you to stop acting like an ostrich and start protecting your business…
1. In the last 12 months, there have been almost 6 million cyber-crime & fraud offences.1
2. What that really means is that 1 in 10 of us have fallen victim to attack.2
3. In fact, 90% of large organisations and 74% of small organisations reported suffering a security breach.3
4. 93% of which are due to human error.4
5. Resulting in over 169 million personal records being exposed in 2015.5
6. There has been a 144% increase in successful cyber-attacks on businesses.6
7. Attackers gain access via computers in 70% cases.7
8. With the most expensive virus in the world causing an estimated $38.5 billion worth of damage.8
9. Despite all these statistics, only 38% of global organisations claim they are prepared to handle a sophisticated cyberattack! 9
Are you prepared? There are multiple security suites available on the market to help protect your business from threats. Due to the sophistication of attackers these days, a simple anti-virus solution won’t work. You need seriously sophisticated solutions to match their seriously sophisticated plans of attack – call us today for free, no obligation information and advice.