GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Work Location: Hartford, CT – This is a fulltime employment opportunity.
Under the direction of the Insurity Executive Management team, this position is responsible for creating and executing on the strategic and tactical direction for IT Services while advancing Infrastructure support, including: server and storage; network, telecommunications; infrastructure and; IT Help Desk while promoting information technology IT goals designated by Insurity Executive and Operation team members. Position will influence and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve solutions that advance goals by leading with innovation. Pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive results to enhance business outcomes and manage high-quality teams that deliver internally and externally.
- Work with Leadership to develop and deliver comprehensive IT strategy
- Partner with leadership team in the development of operational budgets; annual plans with clients and IT for equipment, monitoring software, personnel, and other expenses required to maintain IT Services needs; monitor and review budget spending on a periodic basis, and take corrective action if required
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements for all production systems/applications are met by metrics and reporting
- Ensure the proper implementation and operation of security and asset protection policies, disaster recovery systems, failover mechanisms, and emergency operations
- Work with leadership team to create, implement and enforce IT policies
- Work with external vendors and develop effective partnerships
- Set policy and direction of IT help desk functions
- Adhere to corporate audit requirements and security policies
- Available as a hands-on resource for the IT team with regards to new technology, upgrades, migrations and troubleshooting.
- Work with clients to identify the best solutions for their needs and problems; plan and coordinate the actions necessary to implement solutions; ensure timely and efficient completion of plans
- Maintain project plans on major initiatives and report status to stakeholders and Operations Executive
- Build highly motivated service orientated teams. Promote a culture with focus on producing results, while maintaining quality
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, project management or related field is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience involving information technology in a large public or private organization. Interested candidates must have an IT/Telecommunications background and have an understanding of computers, networks, systems and architecture
- 3-5 years’ experience managing an IT service desk
- Demonstrated experience in: Platform Architecture & Design, Software and hardware installation, virtualization, configuration, web server support, installation and maintenance of Windows operating systems, Exchange, IIS, SQL Server, SharePoint Server and Windows Server, and desktop configuration
- Networking Architecture & Design: Network backups, security, monitoring, hardware load balancing technologies and change control procedures
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and proficiency in all of the following areas: Infrastructure, Architecture, Operations Management, Security, and Messaging
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills