GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Processes vulnerability and threat data from a variety of sources to provide actionable intelligence to internal consumers. These consumers use the information to implement countermeasures and maintain and enhance the defenses for our information systems and resources. In this important position, you will keep it possible for the organization to defend its assets with clear vision and situational awareness in a persistent, dynamic, and highly complex threat environment.
Acts as a team leader throughout the process if initial triage, investigation and escalation decision tree. Investigates alerts and alarms to provide escalation details for partner teams.. Acts as the the point of contact for investigation and remediation.
Will work in the Cyber Defense Security Operations Center as a lead analyst, on a set (5×8 day, 4×10 late evening, 4×10 overnight, 3×12 weekend days (4 flex hours) or 3×12 weekend overnights (4 flex hours)) shift.
- Monitoring and processing various sources to produce actionable intelligence for multiple consumers
- Verify Service Restoration
- Supporting the development of new sources as necessary
- Continuously evaluating existing sources for value and supporting decision-making related to the future use of those sources
- Mentoring and developing less experienced team members
- Monitoring the team’s output for quality and value
- Supporting the creation and implementation of new processes as appropriate
- Staying current on cyber security best practices, news, issues, vulnerabilities and threats (specifically as they apply to the healthcare and financial industries)
- Supporting relationships with multiple vendors
- Supporting relationships with partner teams
- Fulfilling routine and ad-hoc reporting requests
- Conducting advanced analytical research efforts
- Conducting briefings as needed
- Supporting activities related to the implementation and use of tools for intelligence gathering, analysis, and reporting
- 2 or more years IT security work experience
- Knowledge of data correlation techniques
- Prior experience with processes, procedures, and methods to research, analyze, and disseminate open source intelligence information
- Intelligence analysis experience using intelligence analysis tools (SIEM tools and technologies, such as ArcSight, EnVision, OSSIM and/or similar tools)
- Willingness and ability to obtain a US Government Top Secret Security Clearance
- Proven ability to complete projects independently, ensuring that finished work meets established standards for quality and timeliness
- Experience using proprietary and/or open source tools to gather and analyze intelligence
- Foundational knowledge in information technology, to include hardware, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems and operating systems
- Foundational knowledge of multiple areas of cyber security operations, such as attack surface management, SOC operations, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), threats (including APT, insider, etc.), vulnerabilities, and exploits; incident response, investigations and remediation
- Experience with Analyst’s Notebook and/or Palantir
- US Government Intelligence Community (IC) cyber experience
- Industry certifications in cyber security, such as CISSP, GSEC, and/or Sec+
- Industry certifications in networking, such as CCNA, CWNA and/or Net+
- BA/BS or equivalent experience information security or computer sciences
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.