: United States-Virginia-Quantico
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Clearance Type: Secret
Description: Individuals collect and analyze event information and perform threat or target analysis duties. Provides operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems. Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events. Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents. Reports to and coordinates with external organizations and authorities. Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers. Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports.
End of Week (EOW) – Nights
We-Th-Fr-Alt-Sa from 1900-0700
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
– Bachelors Degree or 4 years experience would be substituted in lieu of degree
– 1 year of CND experience or academic coursework.
– Must hold a Secret Clearance
– Must have at minimum the Security+ CE and/or the C|EH certification to start. Both certifications are required 180 days after official start date.
– Familiarity of Basic Packet Analysis experience
– Familiarity with and ability to investigate Intrusion Detection System alerts.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
– Knowledge of CND policies, regulations and compliance documents specific to the DoD.
– Familiarity with CJCSM 6510.01B.
– Understanding of functionality and capabilities of computer network defense technologies, to include: Router ACLs, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Content Filtering.
– Working toward attaining the GCIA certification within 180 days from start date.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.