GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Supports the creation of cyber-intelligence tools / methods and assists with research and analysis in order to mitigate and eliminate data and cyber security risks. Assists with the development of acceptance criteria for cyber security architecture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigates computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to national security information and automated information systems.
- Assists with defining security objectives and system-level performance requirements.
- Researches and stays abreast of tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities.
- Validates secure systems, tests security products/systems to detect computer and information security weaknesses.
- Assists with maintaining the computer and information security incident, damage and threat assessment programs.
- May support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Involved in the periodic conduct of a review of each system’s audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 0-2 years of experience in systems security.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exercises a limited degree of latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.