GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Full-time / Part-time
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Sensitivity Tier II – Credit Check
Target Start Date
Sep 10, 2016
Target End Date
Nov 30, 2016
Who We Are:
The National Incident Response Team (NIRT) is a national service provider for the Federal Reserve System, and it delivers an effective and efficient array of security services including intrusion detection, incident response, security intelligence, threat assessments, and vulnerability assessments.
The mission of NIRT’s Incident Detection and Analysis (IDA) team, and where this Cyber Security Analyst’s position exists, is to be an agile team that effectively detects, analyzes and investigates information security incidents throughout the United States’ Federal Reserve System.
The IDA team focuses on ensuring the security and integrity of critical enterprise systems and environments through the use of various analytical data mining techniques and automation tactics.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a member of the 24x7x365 IDA team, you will analyze a large volume of security event data from a variety of sources with the goal of identifying suspicious and malicious activity, perform post-mortem analysis of traffic flows, conduct network forensics, perform follow-up analysis throughout the incident lifecycle, and complete projects and tasks associated with security monitoring, detection, and incident response.
What We Are Looking For in Candidates:
- Deep technical knowledge in the fields of Networking, Information Security and Operating Systems:
- Understand computer network infrastructure, including being a packet expert – read and take apart pcaps.
- Well versed in information security principles. Know, recognize and explain types of attacks. Be current on the threatscape.
- Effectively use various operating systems and understand how they work and operate.
- Ability to devise ways to detect and/or mitigate threats and new attack vectors.
- Desire to find efficiencies and automate detection and analysis.
- Passion in information security and a drive for learning and excellence.
- Must be a current United States Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a National Security Clearance.
- Have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer related degree or equivalent experience.
- San Francisco, CA location: Afternoon shift with occasional rotating nights and weekends
- East Rutherford, NJ location: Day shift with occasional rotating weekends
Why Join Our Amazing Team:
- Great location (San Francisco, CA or East Rutherford, NJ).
- Cutting edge technologies.
- Ability to telecommute frequently.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Great benefits (Healthcare Options, Employer match 401K up to 6%, Pension Plan).
- Multiple growth opportunities within the National Incident Response Team.
- Tangible and impactful mission.
- Professional development, training and conferences, are strongly supported.
- Great team of security professionals who are passionate, respectful, and driven to excellence