GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
The Digital Forensic and Analytic Services (DFAS) Forensic Analyst will report to the DFAS manager for Digital Forensic Services team. The candidate’s first responsibility upon hire will be for cataloguing and dispositioning historical evidence. The candidate will then be trained to provide forensic support for incidents of reported data loss via compromises or misuse of internal information technology systems. The analyst will also be responsible for the identification, collection and preservation of digital evidence. Additionally, the analyst will assist in investigations involving suspected violations of the JP Morgan Chase Code of Conduct. This position requires the knowledge of digital forensic examination techniques with an emphasis on preservation and electronic review as well as host-based Windows forensic examinations. Successful candidates will be able to perform forensic preservation work and conduct preliminary investigations of a technical nature within established standards.
The knowledge, skills, and ability to preserve digital evidence in a forensically sound manner
Basic knowledge of digital forensics on Microsoft Windows based systems
Knowledge of and a proven ability to follow globally established standards in digital evidence acquisition and handling
An understanding of the use of industry standard digital forensics tools in an enterprise environment
Planning and executing evidence preservation, and presenting clear and concise findings
Conduct collection of electronic evidence through various tools in support of Legal and high tech investigation.
Knowledge of collection techniques of electronic evidence from mobile devices
An ability to work independently or with a team during large scale forensic investigations
- Responsible for conducting collection of electronic evidence through various tools in support of Legal and technical investigation.
- Additionally, this investigator will be responsible for digital forensics examination relating to a wide variety of events that occur in a large international financial organization
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other technology related fields preferred
- Prior experience conducting collection and preservation of electronic evidence in a corporate environment a plus
- Prior experience working in a corporate or enterprise consulting role preferred a plus
- Ability to assess scope and conduct preliminary technical investigations including evidence collection and writing clear and concise investigative reports.
- Experience conducting digital forensics examinations on Windows operating systems a plus
- Ability to conduct evidence collection using network and physical collection protocols in a forensically sound manner while maintaining chain of custody throughout the collection and preservation process a plus
- Preferably familiar with EnCase with experience working with a broad variety of computer forensic hardware and software tools
- Formal digital forensics training a plus
- Knowledge of computer forensic best practices and industry standard methodologies for acquiring and handling of digital evidence
- Able to work either independently or in a team to conduct forensic examinations
- The ability to coordinate, work with, and gain the trust of business stakeholders to achieve a desired objective.
- Able to work under pressure in time critical situations
- Experience working with people from different global cultures is a plus
- Strong attention to detail in conducting forensic preservation and analysis combined with an ability to accurately record full documentation in support of an investigation.
- Knowledge of current international best practices in the technical investigation and forensics arena
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in languages other than English is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with business representatives in explaining forensic findings clearly and where necessary, in layman’s terms
- Ability to communicate with other industry forensic professionals to ensure solid partnerships with key external stakeholders to ensure that the forensic investigation process remains at a word class level
- Forensic, eDiscovery or industry standard information technology certifications are a plus
- Memberships and participation in relevant professional associations
Information Risk Management
US-NJ-Jersey City-NOC 5 – 575 Washington / 02969
US-FL-Tampa-HO3-10410 Highland Manor / 02975, US-OH-Westerville-370 South Cleveland / 54449