GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
This role for the Cloud SOC is the first line of defense against intruders on our platform and infrastructure.
Tier I Analysts provide continuous monitoring services on all threat management tools to enure constant situational awareness. Events triaged by Tier I are either escalated to Tier II for further analysis, or to engineering to adjust notification levels for optimal performance.
- Continuous monitoring of all threat management and event monitoring consoles.
- Triage of all alerts to determine potential for impact or exposure for IBM Cloud infrastructure, platform, and Software offerings.
- provide assistance to incident handlers during incident response activities.
- Review of threat bulletins to tailor daily monitoring activities to current threats.
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Technical Solutions Support Specialist
Role ( Job Role )
IT Specialist General Professional
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- IT Security
- 2 years experience in System Administration, Network Administration, or Abuse.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 1 year Security Operations experience.
IBM Business Group
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.