Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman team. The selected applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s NEO Horizon program, formerly called United States Computer Emergency Readiness (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities. NEO Horizon provides advanced network and digital media analysis expertise and defends against malicious activity targeting networks within the United States and abroad.
The Digital Forensics Analyst 3 position will be located in Arlington, VA.
- Performs a variety of highly technical analyses and procedures dealing with the collection, processing, preservation, analysis, and presentation of computer-related evidence, and is responsible for disseminating and reporting cyber-related activities, conducing vulnerability analyses and risk management of computer systems.
- Recovers information and electronic data from computer hard drives and other data storage devices, such as zip and flash drives that have been deleted, damaged or otherwise manipulated.
- Utilizes forensic tools and investigative methods to find electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files.
- Assists law enforcement officers in helping to solve cybercrimes or find electronic evidence of other kinds of crime.
Basic Qualifications – To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Familiarity using forensic tools and investigative methods to locate specific electronic data.
- Proficient in the latest forensic, response, and reverse engineering skills and astute in the latest exploit methodologies.
Preferred Qualifications – Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- DHS Suitability at the SCI Level.
- MSCE, CCNA, or CISSP Certification.