: Jul 15, 2016
: Americas-United States of America-New York-New York
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
: Security Technology & Controls Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world’s leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley’s sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Technology Information Risk (TIR)
TIR’s mandate is to enable the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive, and consistent risk management practices across the Firm to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The TIR team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an ambitious candidate to join their Global eDiscovery and Investigations group. The group is responsible for managing requests for electronic data and digital forensic investigations that relate to Litigation, Regulatory matters, Compliance, Employee Investigations as well as Incident Response and Cyber Security events. The team ensures that requests are adequately formed, tracked and responded to in an efficient and accurate manner.
The role involves handling digital investigations, which includes collecting and analyzing data from electronic sources such as infrastructure logs, hosted application logs, Windows and Linux endpoints, network file servers, and eCommunications archives.
Communicating complex technical matters and extensive interaction is required with colleagues both internal and external to IT including Legal, Corporate Security, Human Resources, IT Security, Engineering teams, and other Business groups. Candidates must be comfortable with handling sensitive and confidential information.
Candidates must be detail orientated and analytical, with strong organizational skills, demonstrate initiative, judgment and integrity.
– Experience with incident response, investigations, insider threat, cyber and data exfiltration incidents
– Experience of infrastructure log analysis – proxy, application, authentication, networking and security events
– Strong technical skills and working experience with a large, distributed Windows and Linux environments
– Experience analyzing and correlating varied data sets
– Endpoint and network forensic experience
– Scripting capability e.g. with Python, Perl, PowerShell or Bash – for data processing and automation
– Working knowledge of computer forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK, Nuix or other open source tools
– Experience working with regulatory, compliance and/or litigation group within the Financial Industry
– Experience in digital Investigation report writing and presentations
– Experience working with global teams