GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Founded in 2000, Applied Minds draws on the talents of nearly 150 employees and a network of subject matter experts to innovate by melding art, design, science, and engineering. We help organizations ask the right questions and then provide unexpected, yet powerful solutions. With a passion for inventing the future for our clients, we bring together brilliant and creative people from numerous disciplines into multidisciplinary teams to work on projects such as autonomous systems, command centers, modeling and simulation systems, robotics, spacecraft, UAVs, user experiences, vehicles, and more.
Equipped with outstanding tools and technology, collaborative spaces, an art department, and advanced fabrication and prototyping facilities, we work in an informal, creative environment that blurs the lines between disciplines.
If you have exceptional talent and passion, join Applied Minds and help us create for the ages.
The Director of Information Technology provides hands on leadership for a small team responsible for the design, deployment, operation, and support of the core computing environment for the company. This group provides standard IT services, including end user support, desktop/laptop support, file servers and data management, as well as productivity, messaging, collaboration, and source control applications. In addition, the organization supports business-critical financial and reporting systems, video conferencing, and resources specific to computational project deliverables. The Director will lead engagement with project teams in the design/requirements phase, jointly develop and deploy computing and data infrastructure appropriate to the project application requirements, and provide support throughout the project life cycle.
- Lead, manage and develop team members
- Ensure robust 24×7 operational capability of critical IT functions
- Engage and collaborate with business leaders to identify key IT needs and develop project timelines based on priorities and resources
- Manage IT projects to ensure timely and excellence in solution delivery
- Ensure high-quality proactive end-user support for both local and remote users
- Deploy modern core services, including migration to cloud-based offerings where appropriate
- Provide design guidance, implementation, and support for project-specific computing infrastructure, as appropriate
- Provide technical leadership and oversight, e.g., network design, application and file server architecture, information security, technology selection
- In conjunction with senior management, define and manage appropriate IT-related policies
- Develop and manage budget for the IT function
- Manage computing hardware and software assets
- Drive continuous improvement of business and IT processes
- Make significant hands-on contributions to all aspects of the groups’ responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned
- 10+ years experience in IT roles demonstrating technical and professional development
- 3 – 5 years managing IT teams and providing technology leadership
- Willingness and ability to play a hands on technical role on the team
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on complex projects on time and on budget
- Proven ability to run a highly-effective support organization
- Broad and deep understanding of modern computing technology, systems and network architecture, data management, information security, and cloud-based services
- Proven ability to understand highly technical project requirements
- Demonstrated success managing a team delivering high quality services to customers/users
- Successful experience managing critical business systems
- Experience developing and managing a budget, managing assets, and negotiating with vendors
- Demonstrated ability to manage a production computing environment