The Director of Information Technology manages analytical, business and technical support activities.Authorizes and influences the development and delivery of business solutions that enable optimal business performance. Provides, and is accountable for technical leadership in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or maintenance of business solutions. Leads and directs change management, process improvement, and technical support initiatives. Advises senior management and provides high level directionand work on the needs of IT for the business. The person is also responsible for and has full ownership of managing 3rd parties that provide help desk and other related work for the business. This position is responsible for managing a team of employees that support the business of IT and will require to be hands on.
The Director, Information Technology for Highgate Hotels includes the following abilities and responsibilities:
- First level people management responsibilities include hiring, termination, performance managementand pay management. Provides formal and informal training and coaching to team in expected behaviors and activities. Monitors and tracks progression of unit goals and objectives. Directs qualitywork efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
- Operational Management accountable for the day-to-day operation of technical domain. Engages and involves all necessary team members. Regularly identifies, monitors and evaluates key metrics to ensure health and progress within respective domains. Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles. Defines and articulates a clear role and direction for own work unit,consistent with the organization’s mission, strategy and direction. Collaborates with executives and/or senior directors with defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
- Responsible for relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of objectives and proper SLA.
- Responsible for vendor management activities including service agreements, staff augmentation andtechnology contracts.
- Responsible for all budgeting for corporate level expenses including, capital improvement planning and OpEx budgets for IT.
- Serves as an escalated contact for production support issues; reports technical and application issues to vendor and manages the ticket with our 3rd party help desk.
- Plans for and manages major application upgrades.
- Plan for disaster recovery and business continuity in collaboration with business leaders.
- Organizes and maintains the production support documentation and issues lists of hospitality systems.
- Enhances methods and procedures for collecting, analyzing, and documenting application issues, and completing user change requests.
- Leads user acceptance testing of delivered corrections to validate they will solve the identified issuewithout creating additional problems.
- Manages work within committed timelines and budgets; is accountable for all assigned tasks andprojects; regularly informs management of progress, when issues or conflicts occur, and makesrecommendations for resolution.
- Works effectively as a team member with co-workers and hotel associates, setting the example as a role model for others.
- Fosters an environment of open communication and problem solving on team. Develops and coaches team members to meet performance goals and professional targets. Manages talent effectively to produce highly capable and motivated teams.
- Provides regular status reporting regarding assigned projects to manager and customers.
- This person will be self-directed and will require a low level of direct supervision.
- Will work with corporate team to help maintain network systems, including new user setups, WIFI,and VoIP phone systems.
- Will require direct interaction with Principals of the company, ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner is crucial.
KEY QUALITIES INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Background with Microsoft Server and Desktop applications, VMWare, Active Directory
- 10+ years in Information Technology showing diverse experience within IT
- 5+ years managing/leading others
- Extensive knowledge/experience troubleshooting and maintaining all things related to: Systems,network, security, VOIP and other related infrastructure areas
- Must possess outstanding communication skills and process management.
- Hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement.
- Ability to prioritize and be in control.
- Ability to articulate needs and resolve issues when they arise.
- Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity and evolving environment
- Demonstrate a strategic/global mindset by determining opportunities and threats through analysis of current and future trends.
- Ability to have fun and enjoy the work in a fast paced atmosphere