A. Position Summary
- Management position responsible for identifying, evaluating, and managing strategic information technology initiatives. Highly project-oriented position, with emphasis on continually improving existing operations by applying technology that will increase productivity, timeliness and/or accuracy. Initiative areas to include both production processing applications as well as business management applications including production metrics, financial management, reporting, etc. As Bell’s principal change agent, 75% of the activities for this position should be strategic/constructive, with the remaining 25% operational / tactical / managerial. The IT Director is responsible for ensuring that full-range of technology and information systems supporting the organization are operational 24/7/364.
B. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying strategic technology initiatives with management and staff
- Building business cases for pursuing strategic initiatives with management including basic ROI analysis
- Prioritizing / sequencing initiatives
- Identifying and evaluating alternative solutions for economics, performance, and manageability
- Planning and implementing solutions through effective project work planning, stakeholder identification, and training
- Incorporating new solutions into existing operating procedures
- Ensuring staff are properly positioned to utilize and leverage new strategic technology solutions
- Managing critical 3rd party relationships with technology service providers including software vendors, hardware vendors, ISP’s, management service providers, etc.
- Leading, directing, evaluating and managing internal technical staff in conjunction with 3rd parties
- Technical support for corporate technology infrastructure as well as production-related operating systems
- Support company telecommunications systems and networks
- Identification and implementation of automation-related projects and initiatives to enhance operational efficiency
C. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking
- Financial analysis / project budgeting / ROI
- Communication – written and verbal
- Planning / prioritizing activities
- Functional decomposition of complex processes
- Active listening skills
- Leadership / ability to gain confidence of users
- Documentation and diagramming
- Consensus-building capabilities
- Team player
D. Education and Experience
- Requires a minimum of five years related experience required
- 4 year degree in relative field or equivalent experience necessary
- Manufacturing / production technology or management experience strongly preferred
- Sound working understanding of networking topology, principles, and fundamentals
E. Working Conditions
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Performs most duties in a well-ventilated, well-lighted, and temperature-controlled office environment. Noise level is at a minimum.
- On-call responsibility, 24/7, or as shared with staff, should technology or telecommunications issues arise that impede organizational communications and/or operations.
- May be required to perform duties in evenings or weekends depending on severity of issues.
- Occasional travel as needed.