GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Corporate IT Strategy, & Planning
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the FCI management team.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the company.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct development and execution of a company disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
- Establish and/or maintain certifications in the interest of improving corporate performance by pursuing industry standards such as ISO 9001, CMMI, etc.
- Participate in all elements of the business development cycle as the corporate IT subject matter expert to include:
- Helping to qualify business opportunities
- Attending customer calls and other capture activities
- Creating IT solutions for RFP, RFI, or other written responses
- Writing, reviewing, and editing RFP responses
- Identification and recruitment of technical staff for open positions on proposals
Task Order Contract Support
- When needed, apply IT knowledge, skill, and capabilities to billable task orders which may include systems administration, network engineering, database management, software programming, and IT integration
Corporate IT Operations Management
- Oversee the corporate IT staff including signing timesheets, writing annual appraisals, and developing and maintaining the skills of the staff
- Manage vendor relationships and costs for the corporate IT infrastructure
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations and internally established processes and procedures.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate FCI management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
Other duties as assigned
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science.
- Master’s degree in one these fields preferred.
- Security+ preferred
- CISSP preferred
- ITIL certifications preferred
- PMP preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- 5 years experience managing and/or directing an IT operation.
- 10 years experience working in the IT industry.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems, including Microsoft, UNIX, LINUX
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.