GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Springfield, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast–the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
Under broad direction, operates and manages all aspects of Information Systems, data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. Implements and monitors security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems. Develops and executes security policies, plans, and procedures; designs and implements data network security measures; operates Network Intrusion Detection and Forensics; conducts performance analysis of Information Systems security incidents; develops Continuity of Operation (COOP)/Disaster Recovery (DR) plans and supports certification of Information Systems and Networks. Supervises operation of Electronic Key Management System, other information security duties, and Public Key Infrastructure. Operates Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks, and related security operations.
The Cyber Operations Tier 3 Analyst activities include deep/historical investigation into Advanced Persistent Threat (APT)-related incidents or any events based on classified intelligence reporting. Each tier will have documented procedures for handling this type of activity, but the “Focused Operations” analysts will provide on-site investigation and assistance for these matters. Additionally, the “Focused Operations” analysts will serve as liaisons between the CSOC and existing cyber groups.
– Basic qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related field, and 3 years of recent experience, or 7 or more years of recent experience in cyber security engineering and operations
- US Citizenship
- Must be willing to work rotating schedules to include weekend and overnight work
- Exposure to Department of Defense analysis experience
- Experience or understanding of IT systems infrastructure, network security, firewalls, and intrusion protection devices
- Experience or understanding of cyber security event handling
- Experience or understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat identification and mitigation
- Experience with policy and process development and implementation
- Experience working in a 24×7 service desk environment
- Hands-on experience with data correlation and analytics tools such as Microsoft Excel, Apache Spark, Splunk, QLik, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools
- 4-6 years experience in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers
- Scripting using bash, Chef, Puppet, or Windows PowerShell
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
US Citizenship Required.