GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Oversee process of electronic discovery and computer forensic investigations for government, commercial, public and private sector accounts. Responsible for all aspects of customer/client service, including configuration and software recommendations, system analysis, and technical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect, process, review, analyze and produce electronic evidence through the use of forensic software applications and other utilities; adhere to standard computer forensics and evidence handling techniques.
- Assist clients in reconstructing records that uncover key facts and insights through electronic discovery, computer forensics, and data analytics.
- Provide superior account management and customer service through effective communication, responsive follow-through, and advocacy for client issues. Prioritize and resolve issues of varying severity ensuring delivery and project timelines are met and on budget.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and conduct eDiscovery and computer forensic projects utilizing skills related to the collection, review, analysis and preservation of electronic data and evidence.
- Stay current on the latest computer forensic technology, analyzing trends with AccessData solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or MIS from a four-year college or university; or 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 2 years of technical (computer forensic) experience, including customer account management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic to intermediate skills in DBMS, networking architectures and protocols, computer hardware, operating systems and file systems (Windows, Unix, Linus, OSX). Must be able to demonstrate ability to leverage advanced tools such as Virtual Appliances (VMare, Citrix) and experience with network/packet-level analysis tools (Wireshark, Snort, tcpdump).
Complexity of Work and Decision Making
Difficult work on highly complex or involved projects requiring significant judgment, initiative, creativity and the ability to deal with complex factors and make decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients or the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, it is preferred that the individual possess industry certifications (ACE, CFCE, ENCE, ISSP, PMP and SCERS). Previous experience with FTK, Helix, Encase Sleuthkit or other forensic analysis tools. Must be able to demonstrate a working technical knowledge of security and networking technologies, concepts and practices. Able to obtain a government clearance. Ability to travel 50-75% of time to domestic and international client sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand and walk; reach with hands and arms and frequently required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.