GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Schedule Type Reg-Time
Work Hours 40
Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Let’s talk about building a rewarding careerYou’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.Enterprise Information Security (EIS)
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo’s Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Information Security Engineer 5 – Cyber Threat Forensics
We have a great opportunity for a senior Info Security Engineer. The person selected for this position will support the strategic direction for Cyber Threat Forensics, engaging in Cyber Hunting, performing malware analysis, examining threat & attack data, by correlating information from multiple sources to produce forensic timelines of attacks and determining root cause. This person will also create incident response plans that include tactical remediation and prevention and requires participation in Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) exercises.
The Senior Engineer serves as an escalation point and may mentor less experienced staff, supporting Cyber Threat Fusion Center analysts. This individual will collaborate with other Cyber Security and Defense monitoring teams to understand current threats and trends.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Perform Incident Response, Analysis, Forensics, and Reverse Engineer Malware
- Investigate cyber-attacks, security events and incidents
- Perform examinations of incident data (e.g. Capture Forensic image, reverse-engineer malware, etc.)
- Correlate against additional sources and Create Forensics Timeline
- Identify the specific cyber threat/attack and all associated indicators or evidence of compromise, by identifying: original attack vector, all malicious payloads and malware, any compromised accounts, hosts, or data
- Enrich attack data and provide attacker context such documenting all known infrastructure.
- Complete documentation, reporting, and provide artifacts as required
- Complete Cyber-Hunting exercises looking for anomalies and identifying evidence or attempts of compromise
- Participate in testing, design, and research of cyber security tools
- Remain current by researching and understanding cyber-security trends, vulnerabilities, exploit methodologies, fraud types, malware families, and prevention.
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 3+ years of Information Security reporting and analysis experience
- 3+ years of experience in network security infrastructure (includes firewall, intrusion detection, and cyber threat)
- 3+ years of Network experience
- 5+ years of Windows OS administration experience
- 3+ years of experience engineering and analyzing server-based operating systems such as Windows or Unix
- 3 + years of Windows or Linux scripting experience
- 3 + years of digital forensics, digital logs and internet topology/protocols experience
- 3 + years of digital forensics, security analytics experience, or a combination of both, including incident response
- 3 + years of experience with one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling in an information security environment, information technology environment, or a combination of both
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting Active Directory (AD) and Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Experience with access control lists (ACLs), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) servers, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), and Active Directory
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Ability to provide strong customer service and develop customer relationships
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Knowledge and understanding of malware reverse engineering
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of recent experience in Security analytics that must include incident response and a security tools, such as: Penetration testing, Vulnerability assessment, or code review
- Network analysis utilizing packet sniffer
- In-depth Application and Operating System troubleshooting (i.e. Sysinternals Tools, WinDbg, blue-screen analysis/memory dump).
- A passion for technology and security, and desires that end users to succeed at utilizing the most productive, but secure, way possible.
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
- Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.