GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Functional Area: Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): 10
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Education Preferred: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Relocation Provided: No
The eDiscovery Analyst will contribute to AIG’s TRO global eDiscovery team, ensuring defensible and repeatable collection and preservation of electronically stored information (ESI). The analyst will provide excellent eDiscovery service delivery to our many internal customers such as Employee Relations, Legal, Corporate Security, Privacy, and also external counsel. The analyst will engage custodians as needed to facilitate collections and ensure document preservation requirements are meet. They will ensure the collections and deliverables are generated in a forensically sound and systematic manner while maintaining chain of custody at all times.
• Perform as a trusted advisor to our internal customers and external counsel.
• Utilize a range of sources, systems and tools to collect, search, recover, sort, and organize large amounts of electronic information in all phases of an electronic review or litigation matter.
• Consult customers following new requests to tailor collections to their precise requirements.
• Locate custodian electronic documents, network shares, mailboxes, and other information from systems across AIG’s global network.
• Collect and preserve electronically stored evidence and digital media using repeatable and defensible procedures, insuring chain of custody throughout the evidence lifecycle
• Deliver review material to customers and host review meeting to describe what was found, mapping findings to their original requirements.
• Manage case data, record and log findings in online case management tool.
• Maintain awareness of new eDiscovery technology, techniques and industry best practices.
• Suggest innovative solutions to improve the capability of the eDiscovery team, simplify operations, and overcome any challenges that may be encountered.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
• Working knowledge and familiarity with the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
• Understanding of proper evidence handling and chain of custody for digital and electronic evidence.
• Experience with Guidance Software EnCase Enterprise suite or similar enterprise eDiscovery platforms.
• Good understanding of possible methods of internal and external data movement
• Ability to navigate a complex global network as part of eDiscovery research process
• Familiarity with processes and technologies for collections from mobile device platforms
• Understanding of enterprise email systems such as Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes
• Self-starter with a sense of urgency who takes ownership and responsibility for service delivery
• Professional, clear, and concise communication to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Analytical ability, attention to detail, problem solving , and consultative skills
• Proven organizational skills (time management and prioritization), and also employ a rigorous process for all follow-up / coordination activities
• Position requires access to highly sensitive confidential material, integrity and discretion are mandatory
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in eDiscovery, computer forensics, or similar Information Security discipline.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline required
• Preferred Certifications:
o EnCase® Certified eDiscovery Practitioner (EnCEP)
o EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
o GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst – GCFA
o Certified Information Systems Security Professional – CISSP
Occasional travel may be required, but less than 10% of the time.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.