The Information Security Specialist provides security assessments for FRB clients.
The Information Security Specialist will be responsible for scheduling and visiting our FRB clients and business managers to perform desktop and/or laptop security assessments. The Information Security Specialist will perform a security assessment of the target computing system and provide immediate feedback to the business manager or client with recommendations, if any, for improving the security posture of the target computing environment.
The position will work closely with Internet Services, Relationship Management, Preferred Banking, and First Republic clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides desktop and laptop security assessment by:Scheduling through the appropriate channels user desktop / laptop security assessment. Manages schedule and must be punctual to ensure that users receive the assessment in a timely manner. Arranges schedule to ensure that any travel is minimized. Reviewing OS level security settings (e.g. firewall settings, antivirus settings, patch and OS update settings) Reviewing application security settings (e.g. Browser based security settings, e-mail client settings)
- Reviewing network security settings (e.g. wireless network configuration).
- Provides security awareness / best practices training to sales force, preferred bankers, relationship managers, and clients: Provides instruction on desktop / laptop best practices (e.g. keeping patches current, running regular antivirus checks, setting up system restore points). Advises end users on current security incident trends and effective methods of counteracting (e.g. phishing attempts, untrusted web sites).
- Provides documentation of security assessment engagement: Prioritizes and documents findings and recommended changes. Continually researches and recommends best security practices for end user / desktop interaction. Follows up with user to ensure that service was satisfactory (documents survey results to be used for metrics to assess the effectiveness of the assessment).
- Updates the assessment as required. Stays current on malware trends, especially in the financial industry and adjusts the assessment accordingly to reflect the latest trends. Stays current on wireless network technologies and encryption methodologies. Continually reviews latest hacking techniques and adjusts the assessment accordingly to reflect the latest trends.
- Assists in marketing of the security assessment program. Makes recommendations to modify advertisement based upon updates to the security assessment. Works with internal groups to develop marketing strategies.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Information Security Engineers, Information Systems personnel, sales force, relationship managers, and Internet Services, Preferred Banking members.
- Team player.
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
- Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
- Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50lbs.