GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge of information technology security principles, practices and procedures to develop, implement, and manage the overall Information Assurance (IA) program to support the information system owners.
Additionally, responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of the IA program as stipulated by various USG requirements including (but not limited to):
- NISPOM, JSIG, ICD 503 and associated NIST publications, and customer/contract specific IA regulations.
- Components of the IA program include Certification and Accreditation/Assessment and Authorization activities (document preparation, system configuration/validation, certification testing, etc.), security sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, etc.), conducting self-inspections, audit trail review, delivering information systems security education and awareness.
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives.
- Oversee and report on, with minimal supervision, isolated projects requiring security/IA support.
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- MUST have an active DoD Top Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain additional security accesses.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience in Information Assurance (IA)
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Must be IAT Level II compliant and maintain IS professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Experience with supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks).
- Experience with development and implementation of IA Policies and Procedures.
- Experience with auditing the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
- Experience with the Preparation of Certificate and Accreditation (C&A)/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures.
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Experience with complex Information Systems, i.e. Multi-Program Interconnection, PL-2 systems and above.
- Experience with certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux and UNIX).
- Experience with Interconnected Security Agreements (ISA), Network Security Plans, and Memorandums of Understanding/Agreement (MOU/A).
- Ability to apply information system knowledge to other government compliance documents (JAFAN, DCID, JSIG, and ICD).
- Experience with ODAA Baseline Standards requirements for security configuration.
- Customer focused and has excellent time management skills.
- Must be flexible and work with limited supervision.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression