GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Responsible for analyzing, developing, and enhancing new and existing technology on an ongoing basis, making recommendations as to new products, supervising the Information Technology staff, developing and maintaining the policies and procedures for the department, directing the annual disaster recovery testing, and keeping management and staff informed of regular system upgrades.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises assigned personnel.
- Reviews and oversees the research of new products and services available from our software and hardware vendors for credit union purchase and implementation, including making recommendations to management based on the research completed.
- Oversees the daily work performed by the Information Technology staff, including the main system, as well as all personal computers used by the Credit Union, and any and all other data and telecommunications systems, etc.
- Coordinates departmental requests for special reports, distributing the work among the staff, analyzing the requests for completeness, and following up on the requests to ensure they are filled.
- Provides ongoing training to the Information Technology staff.
- Provides assistance with our web page, as requested by the TeleServices department.
- Provides technical support to our home banking package.
- Oversees the creation, implementation, and ongoing use of a LAN/WAN.
- Supervises, maintains and controls telecommunications technology.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing an effective Patch Management and Change Management Processes.
Physical Actions: Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Physical Environment: Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Education Requirements: Four-year college degree in Computer Science or related field.
Experience Requirements: Five years experience, preferably in a financial institution, with at least one year in a supervisory role.
Special Skill Requirement: Experience with Unix system, LANs or WANs, and home-banking systems