|Job Title||Information Technology Manager II|
|Working Title||Technical Architect|
|Department Name||7H250:Continuing Medical Education|
|Type of Position||Staff|
|Position Time Status||Full-Time|
|Click here for more information about equivalencies:||http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies|
|Required Related Experience||5|
|Physical Requirements||Lifting objects less than 20 pounds, repetitive motion.|
|Shift||Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, occasional nights/weekends|
|Job Summary||A web-based software platform inside the University seeks Software Architect to lead its software development life cycle. This position will play a leadership role in the office spearheading software architecture, including, but not limited to advising/coaching software engineers, code reviews, running meetings, programming at least half time, advising on contract discussions, and managing software projects from start to completion. Using an agile approach to software development, this person is charged with facilitating an agile team and is responsible for its output. A successful candidate will have senior-level programming skills, be an effective communicator of technical concepts, and have experience leading a technical team in an agile environment.|
|Skills / Knowledge / Abilities||LAMP, API, AWS, Scrum.|
|Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?||Yes|
|Preferred Education/Experience||Computer Science or related field, web software development, and agile project management experience preferred.|
|Deadline to Apply||10/16/2016|
|University Community of Inclusion||The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: – Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. – Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. – Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. – Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. – We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * What is something substantive that you have done to improve as a developer in your career?(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe a software development life cycle that you have managed.(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe the process you use for writing a piece of code, from requirements to delivery.(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK’s Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcript