GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
The Information Technology Technician I manages all computer systems by identifying priorities in order to provide technical and administrative support for the Casinos Networks, operating systems and a variety of application software; maintains adequate knowledge of existing hardware and software in use to maximize efficiency of the network and users’ utilization of them; and provides written documents which evaluate Network information on periodic intervals. This position shall also perform all functions in accordance with applicable laws and gaming regulations, as well as established departmental policies, procedures and controls.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge of operating system and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Monitor and evaluate efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing items to be covered in training of users, making them more efficient.
- Install new software applications or hardware on the Network, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Add and maintain users on the network; assigning application access, ensuring security, and maintaining their configurations are within standards.
- Assist in installation of workstations and printers on the Network.
- Participate in Team meetings, providing input and suggestions, and prepare minutes of discussion items.
- Assist in gathering bid prices on equipment and supplies as needed.
- Provide written document on a monthly basis which defines upcoming needs of network which would require purchase of additional hardware or software.
- Monitor and report licenses on applications to ensure compliance on a monthly basis.
- Utilize technology to provide staff with a fast accurate, and secure method of gaining access to information so they can service the member in the fastest and most efficient manner possible.
- Monitor load balance on servers and make recommendations accordingly.
- Carry out other such duties as may be assigned or requested.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree and at least 6 months of experience OR 3 years’ experience in a Client/Server-Environment.
- Proficient with Cisco equipment, i.e. Routers, Switches, ASA, etc…; Experience with
- VLANs a must; Certification is preferred and/or the equivalent of 3 years’ direct experience configuring CISCO equipment
- Proficient with Virtual server and workstation environments, i.e., VMware as well as Microsoft
- Hyper-V familiarity with Microsoft Data Center; Must know how to create, configure, migrate virtual machines on both above platforms.
- Proven successful experience and proficiency with Multiple Domains, Multiple Domain controllers, DHCP servers, networking machines and appliances with a data center environment.
- Must be able to run cable, terminate, trace and all physical aspects of running cable and network cabling.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from team members, guests, and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to team members, managers and top management.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and work with mathematical concepts. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to interpret data from graphs.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, basic analytical problem solving, and deductive reasoning ability. Also, must have superior interpersonal relations skills to deal with the public and outside entities. Ability to see problems and avoid situations that could be deemed illegal or represent a safety hazard to fellow employees or customers. Must be able to listen to and assist employees and/or customers in finding solutions to problems or concerns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. Occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands, occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to cigarette fumes. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This establishment promotes a drug-free work environment.
Important attributes of any employee of the Sac and Fox Casino, along with the official performance of duties, are personal appearance and public relations. Each Team Member is expected to make every effort to be well-informed about the facility, pleasant, courteous and cooperative, and to act in a manner to command respect of co-workers and all other personnel. An optimistic attitude, patience and tolerance will help each employee in nearly all situations at the facility.
The IT Technician will support a “culture of service” where motivated employees in this Casino take a customer-focused approach to their regular duties and work activities and where the customer is the most important visitor on our premises.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.