GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Basic Purpose–With direct supervision and oversight this position provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career and gain business knowledge and practical application of a specific function within the food distribution industry.
US Foods internship program will include assigning a mentor at the Director or above level who will meet with the intern on a regular basis to ensure the quality of the assignment. We will also assign a local manager and a “buddy” for dayto-day interactions. The intern will also get exposure to executive management in the IT organization via 1:1’s and a presentation at the end of the summer assignment. The intention is that the intern will continue to work part-time during the school year and be considered for an offer of full-time employment.
Please note: we are not able to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). In addition, no housing allocation will be provided, so local-residing candidates are encouraged to apply.
US Foods has a number of projects that will exercise and develop the intern’s skills and experience in IT Security principles. Opportunities include identity and access management, threat and vulnerability management, policy management and enforcement, security awareness, compliance and exception management. We are introducing the latest technologies such as File integrity monitoring, Data Leak Prevention , a Security Incident and Event Monitoring, a secure coding initiative and soft-token based multi-factor authentication. We are also implementing a Governance, Risk and Compliance program.
- Creates and interprets monthly security reports of compliance with security baselines, vulnerability patching, antivirus deployment, etc. Coordinates with other security personnel to make risk-based recommendations for remediation actions
- Evaluates impacts of security exception requests and works with team to make an appropriate decision on acceptance of risk.
- Follow up with risk owners to ensure actions are being taken to mitigate identified risks.
- Assist in management of certain security tools such as firewall rules, proxy filter, vulnerability management or other security assessment tools.
- Prepare at least one security awareness article to be published to users on a topic of general user interest.
- Communicates effectively (both written and verbal) with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Hours: Full-time (35-40 hours per week) during the summer; part-time (8-10 hours per week) during the school year, flexible based on student’s schedule.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
–Preferred Qualifications: Majoring in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science or related area of study. Basic knowledge of security and/or risk management concepts.
Hands on experience with network (e.g., firewalls), OS (WIndows, Linux, Database) or application security standards and tools.
: IL-Chicago Metro-Rosemont
: Day Job
: Individual Contributor