GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The duties of the Forensic Investigator include collecting digital evidence from computers, servers, mobile devices, and other electronic or online storage media. The Forensic Investigator will track and manage Electronically Stored Information (ESI) for all phases of eDiscovery. Other duties include assisting the Incident Response team with preserving evidence during incidents and assist Human Resources, Legal and Corporate Security with collecting evidence for Internal Investigations. The Forensic Investigator will be expected to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with internal Incident Response team, Human Resources, Legal and Corporate Security.
- Collect, preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including computers, servers, and mobile devices, ensuring that the evidential integrity of the data is not compromised.
- Conduct Investigations and eDiscovery efforts utilizing court-proven forensic processes and technologies.
- Preform investigation and data collection requests in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Prepare reports and document case details, development and outcome, including but not limited to: evidence gathering, chain of custody, and data analysis.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation, including researching and developing new computer forensic tools and methodologies.
- Ability to provide expert testimony in depositions, trials, and other proceedings.
- Build and maintain forensic labs.
- Assess and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues.
- Establish and maintain cohesive working relationships with team members, management, key strategic business partners, and vendors.
- Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Monitors efforts of less experienced peers and team members and provides input on performance appraisals. Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation of business solutions.
- Must possess strong analytical & evaluative thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of experience in Digital Forensics.
- Industry certification such as CEH, GCFA, EnCE, ACE or others.
- Experience with EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite and Robocopy.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service.
- Ability to work nontraditional working hours when necessary
- Understanding of network protocols and services.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to present complex concepts at high level.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Programming and scripting experience.
- Understanding of networking, system administration, architectures and security elements.
- Experience implementing and tuning a wide range of information security tools.
1st – Daytime
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Average Hours Per Week 40