The Rock Creek Group is a leading, highly respected global investment and advisory firm that provides our investors with solutions to achieve their return and risk objectives. We are trusted by endowments, foundations, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors to preserve and expand their assets, which support retired people and future generations, as well as revered charitable institutions, universities and colleges.
Rock Creek grounds our service to clients on a culture of strong strategic partnership and rigorous process, and also on an advanced analytic platform of our own design – Rock Creek Solutions – that facilitates successful and well-documented investment decisions. Our team members have a long history of investing in traditional and alternative asset classes. Rock Creek is a leader in identifying new talent among emerging managers. We have substantial experience over our careers investing in emerging and frontier markets since the 1980’s. In close collaboration with clients, Rock Creek constructs portfolios to meet their specific requirements that incorporate both top-down asset allocation judgments and careful selection of investments.
With decades of financial market experience, the Rock Creek team brings to these decisions the broad perspective of globally diverse professionals trained in major investment-related fields. Our team is dedicated to our clients and the discipline of investing and we share a deep conviction that able, energetic, and principled professionals can achieve outstanding results.
Investors need deep global and diversified talent and experience behind their investments. Our team has extensive experience in a broad array of investment disciplines: portfolio construction, asset management, due diligence, risk management, compliance, trading, operations, information systems, theoretical and applied mathematics, physics, law and economics. We come from all over the world, and we are proud of our diversity in national origin, gender, culture, and life experience. We share a deep conviction that able, energetic, and principled professionals can achieve outstanding results.
We strongly value openness, transparency, partnership, and knowledge sharing. Many of our colleagues have been CIOs, investment team professionals, and board and investment committee members of foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. We are all keenly sensitive to the complexities and needs of institutional investors and to the importance of accountability, responsibility, and governance.
This position performs a variety of information-technology and facilities-operation-related duties. Position maintains computing environment and supports end users by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance.
• Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks
• Develops and maintains systems, applications, security, and network configurations
• Troubleshoots network performance issues, managing voice and data communications
• Installs upgrades, patches, and maintains new applications and equipment
• Ensures that the network is protected from internal and external threats
• Manages project timelines and provide deliverables in a timely manner
• Ensures the integrity of data through backup and disaster recovery processes and supports business continuity plans
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies
• Researches and resolves problems related to facility operations. Provides information and/or refers issue to appropriate parties to resolve questions or problems. Assures the full-circle resolution of problems or issues assigned
• Works with software and hardware vendors to request service. Is available for and coordinates on-site visits with vendors and contractors for facility maintenance, repairs, or modifications
• Provides instruction to co-workers as required, providing training on software and/or hardware
• May attend training seminars and conferences
• The position requires face-to-face interaction with clients and coworkers and onsite equipment; therefore, regular, reliable, timely attendance is necessary to ensure that the essential job functions of the position are performed
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a hands-on, IT support role. Experience at an investment management firm is a plus but not mandatory.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong background with switching and routing in a highly-available network
• Strong understanding of virtualization and storage area networking
• Strong understanding of IT processes and procedures in a highly-available network, including change management
• Strong understanding of processes and procedures for effectively providing end-user support
• Focus on providing service that exceeds expectations
• Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff and management
• Strong record of intra- and inter-departmental collaboration
• Experience coordinating service calls – knowing who and when to call to resolve issues
• Since role may interact with users having little or no technical knowledge, candidate must be able to communicate complex and unfamiliar ideas clearly.
• Ability to respond to emails and voice messages coherently, courteously, and promptly
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines when required
• A proven track record of working in environments that require a high level of integrity and discretion
• Ability to physically move printers and computer equipment, to maneuver in small spaces to access equipment or run wires
• Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
DEEP TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING OR SIMILAR SYSTEMS:
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Servers
- Routers, Switches, Firewalls (Cisco, Dell), Avaya phone systems
- EqualLogic, VMware, Cloud Services
- Industry certifications including Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, and VMware are a plus
REQUIRED IT SKILLS
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Cisco Switching and Routing
- Cisco Firewall
- SAN Infrastructure
- Avaya (or Cisco) Phone Systems
- Vendor Management
- Cloud Services
- Disaster Recovery
Consistent with our belief that our team members are our most valuable asset, The Rock Creek Group offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off, sick leave and company holidays
- Wellness programs including an onsite gym and meditation program
- Healthy snacks and beverages
At the Rock Creek Group, all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a thorough background investigation that includes, but may not be limited to, a credit and criminal background check and verification of education. employment and salary history.