We’re a company of pioneers. It’s our job to make bold bets and we get our energy from inventing on behalf of customers. Success is measured against the possible, not the probable. For today’s pioneers, that’s exactly why there’s no place on Earth they’d rather build than Amazon.
Amazon’s Fulfillment Technologies group is seeking a pioneer to help build and manage a world class support infrastructure for our fulfillment teams across the globe. Are you looking for a new, interesting and challenging opportunity in a dynamic and changing IT support environment? Does managing a team of engineers to provide creative and high impact technology support motivate you? Amazon is looking for an IT Manager for our new contact center in Austin, TX. This team is part of our global IT Remote Support Services (ITRSS) organization.
You will be joining a global, trend setting remote support team responsible for resolving complex issues every day for internal customers. ITRSS is the initial point of contact for all technical issues in Amazon Fulfillment Centers and Amazon Logistics sites. ITRSS is responsible for providing Tier 1 to Tier 3 support, including server and network infrastructure, end-user support, robotics, imaging, and other specialized technical services. The support provided by this team will have global reach and support tens of thousands of Amazon employees. This team will serve as an escalation point for complex issues, optimization of services through the development of automation and remote support technologies. If you’re interested in a pioneering a challenging position with a great company, the IT Manager role might be for you.
As a manager, you will be leading part of a team responsible for supporting a complex, highly distributed global network and shaping delivery of IT support to resolve issues efficiently. The solutions support mechanisms developed with this team will help scale out the technical support to keep pace with Amazon’s explosive growth. Key to your success will be your ability to grow our services, build mechanisms to drive process improvements, and meet challenging SLAs and KPIs. You will collaborate with your global peers, local IT and partner teams, and build strong relationships with your operations customers. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and able to re-prioritize to meet rapidly changing business needs. You will also coach, mentor and provide guidance to a diverse team of engineers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams.
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
· Previous IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management or IT Business Operations experience.
· 5+ years experience as a people manager.
· Success delivering customer facing IT support services in a high-growth environment, and solving ambiguous customer-focused problem.
· Strong track record of building productive and successful IT support teams and developing talent.
· Proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Operations, and Senior Leadership.
· Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.