About the Agency
This position is part of the WHS EITSD. As a IT Specialist (INFOSEC), this position is located in:
Washington Headquarters Services was established as a Department of Defense Field Activity on October 1, 1977, as part of a DoD headquarters streamlining initiative. Approximately 1,200 civilian and military employees as well as contract staff are organized into 12 directorates and offices. WHS personnel contribute to the mission of our Defense customers by managing DoD-wide programs and operations for the Pentagon Reservation and DoD leased facilities in the National Capital Region. WHS is organizationally aligned under the Director of Administration for the Office of the Deputy Chief Management Officer.
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. “This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.”
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service, www.sss.gov
- Total salary varies depending on location of position
- This position is subject to provisions of the WHS/OSD PPP Pilot Program
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment
- Required to participate in the direct deposit program
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
You may qualify at the GS-14 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your ability to:
(1) As an expert in cyber security, formulates guidelines, implements new developments and provides policy interpretations and recommendations to executive management.
(2) uses a wide range of Information Technology and Information Assurance concepts, principals and practices to plan, direct, and evaluate organizational-wide security programs for Automated Information Systems.
(3) coordinate and conduct surveys, inspections and assistance visits which improve the level of security.
(4) develop and analyze automated and manual IA metric information, audit and scan results, compliance reports and other measures of effectiveness.
(5) Experience providing direct and continuous oversight of organizational-wide Information Assurance (IA) IT security functions, and security and security projects.
You may NOT substitute education for specialized experience at this grade level.
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Financial disclosure required.
All qualifications and specialized experience requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.