The Senior Service Desk Technician is responsible for advanced PC and desktop application support to local and remote users. The incumbent will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues with applications and systems while working with 3rdparty vendor partners. Act as subject matter expert within the Service Desk while partnering with application business owners to understand and support their processes. The Senior Service Desk Technician will work with the Service Desk manager to organize and manage various projects pertaining to support operations including the project planning for and deployment of IT systems at new facilities. This includes the procurement, staging and installation of telecom and network equipment, computer hardware, and coordinating the installation of internet and telecom services with local providers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Service Desk subject matter lead documenting knowledge needed to support business functions and related applications.
- Acts as highest level of escalation at the Help Desk.
- Assist Service Desk Manager ensuring the ticketing system workflow is fully developed and utilized
- Administer and maintain domain accounts for users in Active Directory and Exchange email.
- Research and recommend tools to facilitate duties.
- Work with 3rd party application vendors to support specialized applications.
- Deploy and update various 3rd party application installations, hot fixes and enhancements.
- Work with the Lansing IT Development team in support of various SQL databases and application functionality as necessary to resolve Service Desk issues for users.
- Administer Lansing wireless mobile devices including cell phones, tablets and cellular Wi-Fi units.
- Coordinate support for all company sponsored conferences and presentations on and off-site.
- Coordinate/plan for provisioning Lansing Trade Group locations with the necessary IT systems and Telco/internet services.
- Track warranty information and maintain.
- Assist the Service Desk manager in developing new tools to improve quality and efficiency of support to IT system users.
- Team with Hosting Provider to support enterprise owned hardware.
- Ability to work within teams and independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills for all levels of management while providing timely follow-up of any requests.
- Participate in special events including trader meetings, executive sessions and special requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar field, or 4yrs. equivalent related experience
- Requires 3+ yrs. experience in a fast paced Help Desk and/or a distributed network and desktop support environment, including desk side and phone support, and back office application support.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office suite application troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience with Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with PC drive imaging/cloning tools in both commercial and open source versions.
- Experience supporting applications in a Citrix server – XenApp environment including working knowledge of the Citrix Delivery Services Console
- Experience with AD and Exchange account configuration is required.
- Prefer familiarity with Windows Server 2008R2/2012
- Prefer MS support certifications.
- Prefer familiarity working with SQL databases
- Experience supporting a fast paced work environment