GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
The Junior Cyber Threat / Incident Response Analyst will report directly to and support the Cyber Threat Team Leader to provide the highest quality of information assurance program to our business units and customers by responding to critical security related incidents, and assist with the security-related aspects of our internal security operations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Respond to critical computer security incidents by collecting, analyzing and preserving digital evidence
- Ensure all incidents are recorded and tracked to meet audit and legal requirements
- Support root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations ultimately remediating risks
- Create status reports of incident response, resolution and final root cause analysis for communication to the appropriate stakeholders
- Gather forensic evidence for disciplinary action or criminal investigation
- Support computer and network forensic investigation functions relating to various forms of electronic fraud, identity theft, e-commerce fraud, computer intrusion, theft of information, denial of service, multi-national organized electronic criminal groups, as well as financial fraud investigations
- Work with penetration testing tools and ability to support network / system penetration tests
- Coordinate with the Information Security Analyst to perform enterprise vulnerability assessments and remediation of findings
- Role requires some basic system administration experience
- Basic familiarity with application and network security
- Perform hands-on operations for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SIEM, IDS/IPS, HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, endpoint protection suite, data loss prevention, content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, and security incident response.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 1+ year experience in IT industry with a focus on Incident Analysis and Response
- Desire to learn and work with current and emerging information security technologies and development methodologies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, applied with a solution-focused attitude
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to document cyber threat and incident status briefings with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
- High School diploma
- Experience working with security software and tools
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated effectiveness in a customer facing role
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Experience working with Virtual, and Microsoft operating systems, SQL database experience
- Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IPS alert logs
- Experience with FFIEC, PCI, and other financial sector regulatory compliance (GLBA, etc.)
THE PLACE & THE PERKS:
United Shore is a diverse group of nearly 2,000 mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes, and more – all working toward the same goals. We’re a $13 billion and growing, family-owned-and-operated company that still feels like family. We have an award-winning workplace that just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the country, United Wholesale Mortgage. We’re committed to a 40-hour workweek. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your goals.
Here are just a few of the reasons you’ll love working here:
- Be well here – Salta Direct is our in-house doctor’s office, available to all team members!
- Work-life balance. Give us 40-hours and the rest is yours.
- Generous benefits package including health and wellness, community involvement, personal and professional development, and rewards and recognition
- Free fruit, soft drinks, and coffee
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast, lunch, sushi Mondays, and Mediterranean food.
- State-of-the-art fitness center open 5 a.m.–11 p.m. daily
- 24/7 convenience store
- Our very own Starbucks
- Cool company events that always include a surprise or two
- Lawn vouchers to concerts at DTE Energy Music Theater
- $5 tickets to every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday regular-season Pistons game