Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Are you a Software developer with a strong background in debugging? Does the idea of figuring out how malware works sound exciting to you? If this is you, General Dynamics Mission Systems is the place for you.
We are hiring for a Malware Reverse Engineer to work on a long-standing Cyber program. This is an opportunity for malware reversers or low-detail-level software developers to move toward malware reverse engineering analysis. Candidates should have an in-depth understanding of low level programming in C, C++ or Assembly and a desire to build upon that skill set to become a malware reverse engineer. Must possess the ability to will work both independently and as a team to develop custom malware analysis tools, and support existing malware analysis infrastructure to meet mission deadlines. Candidates should be highly motivated with an interest in continuously learning and improving their skills.This person must be able to operate both in a team setting as well as independently. The selected candidate will conduct forensic examinations in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed clients to carry out this high-stakes national security mission. The selected candidate will perform forensic analysis of digital information for General Dynamics Mission Systems. The Malware Reverse Engineer will enhance one’s skill-set by working among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
Candidates should demonstrate sophisticated problem solving skills, as well as an ability to design, develop and implement innovative General Dynamics Mission Systems business solutions. Malware Reverse Engineers must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, or a related specialty or the equivalent, and ten years of related experience. Applicants with a Master’s degree and eight years of professional experience also qualify.
Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Ability to reverse engineer binaries of various types including: x86, x64, C, C++, .NET, and Delphi
- Understanding of x86, ARM, and x64 architectures
- Capable of Python scripting to automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks
- Strong knowledge of tools used for malware analysis such as debuggers and disassemblers
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System Internals and Windows APIs
- Ability to analyze shellcode; packed and obfuscated code and the associated algorithms
- Understanding of common attacker methodologies and exploit techniques
- Understanding of network protocols and networking concepts
- Strong initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for SCI
- Experience with Windows system programming, driver development and/or IDAPython
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies.
- Familiarization with Linux OS
- Mobile IOS/Android experience
- Experience with DShell
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.