GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Find Your Forward as a Manager, Systems Engineering at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for coordinating the engineering, building and maintenance of all network infrastructure, Windows and Linux based systems and storage systems that support our enterprise, client facing applications running in multiple Fiserv and third party managed data centers. Additionally, you will define support and communication processes and work with operational and engineering experts to develop monitoring, reporting and automation systems. You will work with all development teams within the business as well as engineering experts in the data centers to ensure the IT needs of our clients and applications are met.
This role is multi-faceted, requiring a candidate with strong communication skills, solid leadership skills and consultative selling ability.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the engineering, building and maintenance of network infrastructure, Windows and Linux based systems, and storage systems within the data centers to support our enterprise, client facing applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Develop and implement plans consistent with business unit objectives and align with departmental objectives.
- Work with management at all levels to build relationships as well as gain commitment and resources from various departments and units.
- Administer quality and productivity standards and metrics, ensuring targets are met for all key processes and ensuring the processes are effective and efficient.
- Use knowledge of industry and clients to drive cost effective operational environments.
- Drive actions to ensure that user satisfaction survey feedback receives the proper assessment and follow-up.
- Identify and address gaps between employees’ current capabilities and what is needed for alignment with strategic direction.
- Acquire and retain top talent for key positions.
- Ensure effective succession planning for key positions.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Job Related Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in an information systems environment.
- 7+ years of experience designing, building and maintaining networks.
- 7+ years of experience designing, building and maintaining Windows, Linux and storage environments.
- Advanced knowledge of ITIL and IT operational processes.
- Solid understanding of IT operational monitoring and automation systems.
- Effective collaborator and team player.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Accounting and the financial industry.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and time management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS office suite of applications.