GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
- Opportunity to work in a world class organization
- Exposure to global operations, processes and stakeholders
- Work in a collaborative and fast paced environment
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth’s mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Penetration Tester to join our Cyber Security Operations team to assist in the provision of security operations and assurance services, in alignment with Cyber Security’s mission to protect Rio Tinto’s Digital Assets (including Industrial Control Systems) to a level of confidentiality, integrity and availability commensurate with the threat to those assets and their value to Rio Tinto.
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) is charged with delivering the portfolio of projects and services that are provided to and in collaboration with operational business units and other shared service organisations.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to perform ongoing penetration tests and coordinate the remediation of issues identified through your testing regime. Reporting to the Manager Cyber Ops Delivery & Assurance, you will be:
- Acting as an internal subject matter expert on Penetration testing and remediation
- Managing and developing the toolset used to deliver penetration testing services and also the delivery of penetration testing services designed to safeguard the company’s assets, intellectual property and computer systems
- Engaging with external vendors to perform independent external penetration testing where required.
- Assisting in the delivery and continuous improvement of vulnerability management services
- Contributing to the development and improvement of security operations and assurance processes and solutions as required to support our cyber security program
- Contributing to the development of cyber security toolsets and also the reporting of metrics to Cyber Security, IS&T and the Business.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant years of experience in penetration testing and information security
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Deep knowledge and experience in a breadth of cyber security topics
- Experience working within a global team setting
- Experience using Splunk is an advantage.
- Experience coordinating complex operational activities with IT services departments
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rio Tinto participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information