Dell Services Security uses innovative technology and industry best practices to deliver end-to-end network security in fixed and mobile environments, allowing for an unbroken thread of security from login to logoff for our clients in a variety of industries. We protect, detect and respond to a dynamic threat landscape. Our IT security team members possess deep industry expertise, process proficiency, and technology skills to provide rapid containment and eradication of threats and security breaches.
We are currently hiring an IT Security Analyst to join our 24/7/365 Security Operations Center (SOC) team. SOC Analysts work in a team environment to monitor the health and wellness of security devices on our clients’ networks. You will work with a fast-paced global leader in IT Security Services providing support to our vast client base amid an ever-changing technology landscape.
***This position requires working onsite daily in Plano, TX, flexibility to be assigned to either day or night 12 hour shift (7am-7pm or 7pm-7am), and the ability to obtain US Government Secret Security Clearance.
– Perform real-time log analysis to provide network and data security for Dell Services clients, leveraging log correlation platforms
– Evaluate the type and severity of security events by making use of packet analyses and in-depth understanding of exploits and vulnerabilities
– Resolve client issues by taking the appropriate corrective action, or following the appropriate escalation procedures
– Respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance from customers
– Utilize ticketing system and standard operating procedures for effective call processing and escalation to adhere to client Service Level Agreement (SLA)
– Perform all tasks required per shift including reporting, monitoring, and turnover
– Confidently communicate technical information to Dell Services client base and internal technical team members
– Participate in knowledge sharing with other analysts and develop efficient customer solutions
– Coordinate or participate in individual or team projects to ensure quality support for our clients
– Maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned
– Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience technical role (IT analyst and/or service management) with notable exposure to security (or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience)
– Experience with incident handling, log management, antivirus, firewalls, and Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) systems
– Root cause analysis experience, getting to the root cause, problem solving
– Experience with network connectivity and protocols such as TCP/IP, VPNs, VLAN, NAT, DHCP
– Investigative and analytical problem solving skills
– Customer service/support experience (manage customer experience)
– Knowledge of current security events and a demonstrated passion to stay informed
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an IT/Technical field or equivalent work experience
– Coding or scripting experience
– Familiarity with Unix/Linux
– Security+, GIAC, SSGB, ITIL, or similar certification
– Working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53
NTT Data plans to acquire Dell Services as announced on 3/28/2016. If you are selected for a Dell Services position and the transaction closes, your future employment will be with NTT Data. Dell recruiters can provide you with additional information about any applicable changes upon request.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:Life at Dell
Services Security Analysis – Services IT