GET THE FREE NATIONAL CYBER SECURITY APP FOR YOUR PHONE AND TABLET
Company: NMS Security Corporation
: Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
: US-KS-Baldwin City
Closing Date (Period for Applying) – External
: Oct 29, 2016, 1:59:00 PM
Deadline to Fill: Oct 28, 2016
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning support services to a variety of clients every day. Our clients have peace of mind, knowing that we are committed to delivering best-in-class service. NMS brings creativity, technology and experience to every project.
This position provides field or regional oversight, coordination, and supervision of personnel involved in providing a client’s security and property protection activities.
- Supervises operational procedures and activities for a client’s security services.
- Assigns personnel to various posts or patrols. Interprets security rules and procedures.
- Directs activities during major fires, storms, emergencies, etc.
- Receives and appropriately resolves irregularity reports.
- Periodically inspects client’s premises or facilities to determine or update security needs/services.
- Continually communicates with clients to assist them as required with security matters and improve services.
- Continually communicates with all levels of staff to review operating procedures, budget matters, etc. so as to be able to improve assigned operations.
- Administrates a variety of business related paperwork.
- Performs a variety of security related investigations.
- Supervises the patrolling of buildings and grounds of a campus or work site.
- Review recorded data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, incident reports, etc. to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Confers with various agencies to gain their cooperation and coordination.
- May perform all of the duties of assigned staff for short periods of time.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
Manages subordinate security personnel. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of a unit and directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
- At least two years of directly related responsible security experience and/or law enforcement experience that included significant supervisory responsibilities.
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- A valid Security Guard license upon hire.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance carrier.
- Two years post secondary education (candidates without such education need an additional two years of related experience).
- Customer Service – Provides outstanding customer service; manages difficult or emotional situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to other ideas.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes incident, logs and other reports clearly; able to read and interpret written information.
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to see, hear and speak. Employee must be alert at all times. Depending on shift and work assignment, employee is regularly required to stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be exposed to outside harsh weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment (manufacturing plant) is usually high. Incumbent must be able to work in less than ideal offices, facilities, or situations.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. As this is a salaried position, it may require varying amounts of time to accomplish the assigned duties, including time spent outside of the normal business hours for which compensation is included in base pay. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
APPLICANTS MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, A POST OFFER PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
NANA Shareholder Preference