About Core Security
Are you someone who thrives in a fast paced, team environment? Do you like being on the leading edge of technology? If so then come join our innovative, driven, and remarkable team of cyber-security experts!
Core Security provides enterprises with market-leading, threat-aware, identity, access and vulnerability management solutions that enable actionable intelligence and context needed to manage security risks across the enterprise. Core Security’s analytics-driven approach to security enables customers to manage access and identify vulnerabilities, in order to minimize risks and maintain continuous compliance.
Solutions include Multi-Factor Authentication, Provisioning, Identity Governance and Administration (IGA), Identity and Access Intelligence (IAI), and Vulnerability Management (VM). The combination of these solutions provides context and shared intelligence through analytics, giving customers a more comprehensive view of their security posture so they can make more informed, prioritized, and better security remediation decisions.
Core Security seeks a Threat Research Engineer in Roswell, GA with experience working with large data sets and implementing internal and external systems that facilitate consuming, analyzing, and acting on contextualized data.
As a Threat Research Engineer you would be part of the team working with massive threat intelligence collections and cutting-edge detection and classification technologies responsible for providing the threat intelligence that powers Core Security’s technologies that arm our customers with the threat knowledge they need to understand and respond to the latest threats.
Collaborating with various internal teams, the Threat Research Engineer will build and maintain tooling to automate the threat intelligence processes and make it available to the company’s other technologies – as well as responding to ad-hoc requests for deep-dive analysis driven by business and client needs to determine characteristics, functionality, and/or recommend countermeasures. The Threat Research Engineer will also be responsible for developing OEM offerings related to Core Security’s data and threat intelligence.
• Build and maintain tools and systems to enable / drive Core Security’s threat knowledgebase
• Participate in developing new detection technologies
• Contribution to research and commercial papers describing the evolving threat landscape
• Listening to the needs of customers, partners, and sales
Skills & Requirements
• Comfortable working with multiple modern programming languages. Primary languages will be Python. C, and Clojure
• Experience working with web frameworks, python based preferred (web2py, django, Bottle) but not required.
• Experience working with Relational and Non-Relational databases (Hadoop)
• Able to work in a Linux environment
• Experience working with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc)
• Linux/BSD/UNIX experience is preferred
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized, with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve results
• Passionate technical curiosity
• Ability to work independently and without supervision
• Good team player who can work effectively with peers across functions
• High motivation and will do whatever it takes to ensure customer and company success
• Beneficial if candidate has knowledge of or experience:
o Prior experience working in security a plus but not required
o Familiarity with big data handling, map-reduce and the application of machine learning
o Experience developing applications residing in Amazon EC2 Cloud
Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering, computer science preferred
You’re smart and passionate. You are accountable, self-motivated and always driven to do better. You have a high degree of initiative and are always looking for the best solution for customers. You have intelligent risk taking tendencies – you are not afraid to fail, but fail fast, and learn from the mistakes making everyone around you better for it. You should be part of the Core Security experience.