Vulnerability Security Analyst to join the Information Systems and Security Group responsible for protecting data and IT resources. Analysis and hands on investigation within a dynamic environment extending across event monitoring, security intelligence, threat analysis, and usage of advanced threat detection technologies. Builds, develops, and maintains relationships with internal and external customers, the Security Team, and vendors in support of infrastructure and systems. Understands team, department and company goals demonstrating the ability to translate them into specific performance goals and drives tasks to completion. This position reports to the Security Intelligence and Operations Center Manager.
Works under close supervision and escalates issues to management for resolution.
- Perform event and trend analysis to identify potential threats and security issues.
- Conduct internal security reviews and coordinate remediation plans.
- Configure, run and monitor automated security testing tools
- Perform manual validation of vulnerabilities
- Perform manual penetration testing of client systems, web sites and networks to discover vulnerabilities
- Thoroughly document exploit chain/proof of concept scenarios for client consumption
- Perform overnight work as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 1 year of relevant IT experience
- Working with technical security controls
- Programming experience in Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby, .NET or other interpreted or compiled languages
- Familiarity with vulnerability assessment and penetration best practices
- Experience with vulnerability and penetration testing techniques and tools
- Desire to obtain one or more security-related certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCEH), GIAC Certified Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE), and Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That’s why we offer an exceptional package that includes
A Great Place to Work
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Five years in a row we’ve received this recognition!
- Free membership to Strongsville Rec Center. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
An Investment in You
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We’re the largest health insurer in Ohio and for 80 years, we’ve been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Strongsville – W. Sprague
15885 W. Sprague Road
: 7 – General Staff
: IT Security
: Entry Level
: Day Job