RIVERSIDE, Calif. – Twenty-five suspected child predators were arrested in Riverside County following a month-long operation combatting human trafficking.
“Operation Intercept,” conducted by the Riverside County Child Exploitation Team (RCCET) in partnership with the Riverside County Anti-Human Trafficking, was a proactive undercover enforcement operation with the intent to locate possible sexual predators who actively look for minors on social media platforms for the purpose of committing lewd acts.
The operation was meant to reduce the number of internet child predators throughout Riverside County.
Get your top stories delivered daily! Sign up for FOX 11’s Fast 5 newsletter. And, get breaking news alerts in the FOX 11 News app. Download for iOS or Android.
By using covert social media and communication platforms, task force members communicated with potential child predators.
“The predator starts an online conversation with the undercover task force members and solicits a sexual conversation with someone the predator believes is a minor. During those conversations, the subject arranges a meeting with the intent to commit a lewd act with the minor. However, when they arrive at the predetermined meeting location to meet the person they believe to be a minor, they are instead met by task force members and arrested,” authorities wrote in a press release.
The following suspects were arrested on suspicion of soliciting a minor with the intent to engage in lewd sex acts:
- Demitri Caballero, 25, of Indio
- Jose Ortega, 38, of Indio
- Evan Grill, 58, of Los Angeles
The following suspect was arrested on suspicion of soliciting a minor, possession of child exploitation material and distributing child exploitation material:
- Stuart Campbell, 46, of Pomona
The following suspects were arrested on suspicion of soliciting a minor, arranging to meet with the intent to engage in lewd sex acts with a minor and possession of a firearm:
- Ismael Rodriguez, 38, of Indio
- Scott Miller, 39, of Murrieta
- James Renfroe, 34, of Riverside
The following suspect was arrested on suspicion of soliciting a minor, arranging to meet with the intent to engage in lewd sex acts with a minor and violation of parole:
- Hilario Mendoza, 45, of Apple Valley
The following suspects were arrested on suspicion of soliciting a minor and arranging to meet with the intent to engage in lewd sex acts with a minor:
- Salvador Reveles, 34, of Compton
- Kristopher Sandoval, 32, of Fontana
- Ramon Gomez, 45, of Lake Elsinore
- Richard Wooten, 41, of Indio
- Ryan Vernola, 29 of Indio
- Sean Aluoto, 43, of Irvine
- Change Sawyer, 22, of Palm Desert
- Apolonio Luciano, 40, of Palm Springs
- Jesse Rojero, 35, of Perris
- Jesus Nunez, 61, of Moreno Valley
- Anthony Boyd, 30, of Riverside
- James Logan, 30, of Riverside
- Joshua Rivera, 32, of Rosemead
- Johnathan Ross, 22, of Apple Valley
- Veston Ash, 48, of Desert Hot Springs
- Marino Lopez, 30, of Palm Desert
- Ramiro Rodriguez, 35, of Thousand Palms
Authorities reminded parents to monitor their children’s online activity, social media/gaming platforms and who they are communicating with on the different online platforms. Anyone with questions about this operation can contact Riverside County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jose Tijerina or Sgt. Robert Menchaca of the RCAHT task force at 951-955-1700.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .