Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Accused Sacramento predator not eligible for bail, judge says | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey


Kabeh Cummings, an accused “serial sexual predator” recently arrested in connection with three Sacramento-area assaults, will not be eligible for bail.At a Wednesday court hearing, prosecutors called 35-year-old Cummings a flight risk and a danger. He faces several felony charges, including kidnapping and rape, for those three sexual assaults from 2010 to 2013.Cummings was arrested in New York on Aug. 29 and then extradited to Sacramento for the court hearings.On Tuesday, representatives from the Sacramento Police Department, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI said Cummings used a similar pattern of attack in his assaults.Sacramento police Chief Kathy Lester on Tuesday said the first assault linked to Cummings happened in February 2010, and then a second happened a month later. Both times, a person grabbed the survivor from behind and strangled them in a headlock before dragging them to a different location to sexually assault them.Despite DNA samples being collected, Lester said those cases went cold.A third assault on Sept. 19, 2013, also followed a similar pattern of attack to the first two.Officials during that Tuesday briefing said additional testing for the 2013 assault helped connect that one and the other two to Cummings, who had been confirmed to have lived in Sacramento at the time of the rapes and also matched the description provided by the three survivors.Cummings faces a maximum sentence of 180 years to life if convicted, Sacramento County District Attorney Thien Ho said on Tuesday.Cummings’ next court date will be Sept. 13.

Kabeh Cummings, an accused “serial sexual predator” recently arrested in connection with three Sacramento-area assaults, will not be eligible for bail.

At a Wednesday court hearing, prosecutors called 35-year-old Cummings a flight risk and a danger. He faces several felony charges, including kidnapping and rape, for those three sexual assaults from 2010 to 2013.

Cummings was arrested in New York on Aug. 29 and then extradited to Sacramento for the court hearings.

On Tuesday, representatives from the Sacramento Police Department, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI said Cummings used a similar pattern of attack in his assaults.

Sacramento police Chief Kathy Lester on Tuesday said the first assault linked to Cummings happened in February 2010, and then a second happened a month later. Both times, a person grabbed the survivor from behind and strangled them in a headlock before dragging them to a different location to sexually assault them.

Despite DNA samples being collected, Lester said those cases went cold.

A third assault on Sept. 19, 2013, also followed a similar pattern of attack to the first two.

Officials during that Tuesday briefing said additional testing for the 2013 assault helped connect that one and the other two to Cummings, who had been confirmed to have lived in Sacramento at the time of the rapes and also matched the description provided by the three survivors.

Cummings faces a maximum sentence of 180 years to life if convicted, Sacramento County District Attorney Thien Ho said on Tuesday.

Cummings’ next court date will be Sept. 13.



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW