Info@NationalCyberSecurity
Info@NationalCyberSecurity

Accused sex predator Nathan Chasing Horse gets another chance at Nevada Supreme Court | #childpredator | #kidsaftey | #childsaftey


FILE – Nathan Chasing Horse, left, and Clark County public defender Kristy Holston listen during a court hearing on April 5, 2023, in Las Vegas. The sexual abuse trial of a former “Dances With Wolves” actor charged in Nevada with abusing Indigenous women and girls for more than a decade is on hold indefinitely, according to Clark County District Judge Carli Kierny on Wednesday, April 12, 2023. (AP Photo/Ty O’Neil, File)

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The Nevada Supreme Court will reconsider a request from accused sexual predator Nathan Chasing Horse to dismiss the charges against him.

The “Dances with Wolves” actor is accused of victimizing indigenous underage girls and women for nearly two decades.


The Nevada Supreme Court granted Chasing Horse’s request in a March 22 order signed by Justices Elissa Cadish, Lidia Stiglich, Douglas Herndon, and Linda Bell. The remaining three justices, Kristina Pickering, Patricia Lee and Ron Parraguirre dissented and stated they would deny the petition.

Chasing Horse, 47, previously filed a third appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court. He continues to fight the charges against him in his Las Vegas case, the first of several criminal cases he faces in the United States and Canada.

In the third appeal filed by Clark County public defender Kristy Holston on Jan. 18, Chasing Horse petitioned the court for “en banc reconsideration,” meaning he requested that all seven Nevada Supreme Court justices reconsider his petition.

In Chasing Horse’s first appeal, which was denied, three Nevada Supreme Court justices listened to oral arguments presented by Holston and Clark County Chief Deputy District Attorney William Rowles. Two of the justices denied his appeal, while a third dissented. His second appeal was also denied.

Chasing Horse is charged with 18 counts in Clark County District Court in connection with alleged sexual abuse against two women.

One of Holston’s arguments centers around the issue of consent.

In reference to Ren Leone, formerly Corena Chasing Horse, who is one of the alleged victims, Holston pointed to her “prior statements explaining the extent of her love and romantic pursuit of Nathan and confirming her understanding of, and agreement to, the sexual acts with Nathan.”

Leone said that the sexual abuse began when she was 14 years old.

Chasing Horse, a self-proclaimed “Medicine Man” led a group known as “The Circle,” according to Las Vegas Metro police.

Several alleged victims, including Leone, told the 8 News Now Investigators that he used spiritual practices and beliefs to manipulate them.

In February of 2022, a Clark County grand jury indicted Chasing Horse on a total of 19 counts. This included 10 counts of sexual assault against a minor under the age of 16, six counts of sexual assault, along with open and gross lewdness, first-degree kidnapping of a minor, and trafficking in a controlled substance. Clark County District Court Judge Carli Kierny later dropped one drug charge.

Holston argued that prosecutors should not have presented the grand jury with information about the definition of “grooming.”

In Jan. 2022, Las Vegas Metro Police investigated Chasing Horse and executed a search warrant at his North Las Vegas home, where he lived with several women who were referred to as his wives. He was taken into custody.

The 8 News Now Investigators have learned that similar allegations against Chasing Horse have previously been made but did not result in an arrest.

The Las Vegas case is the first of several to move forward against Chasing Horse. He faces federal charges and warrants in Montana and Canada. He has also previously been banned from several reservations.

Chasing Horse remained in jail in downtown Las Vegas. His bail was previously set at $300,000.

A status check in the Las Vegas case is scheduled for May 1.

To reach investigative reporter Vanessa Murphy with any tips or information, email vmurphy@8newsnow.com.

To contact the National Sexual Assault Hotline, call 1-800-656-4673.



Source link

——————————————————–


Click Here For The Original Source.

National Cyber Security

FREE
VIEW