JOB SUMMARY: Provides project management coordination, support, and assistance to project manager or director in all aspects of very complex projects or programs. Has knowledge of project management methodology, tools and templates and is able to create and maintain the work products with guidance. Assists with communications, follow-up on issues and actions, and can lead meetings in the project managers absence. Under direct supervision, is able to prepare status reports, management reporting, and presentations for executives.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to: Manager/Senior Consultant/Director
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Under minimal guidance, assists director or project manager with maintaining project plans in project management tool (NIKU) and creating project management work products; for example, agenda, meeting minutes, business case, charter, scope, work plan, risk log, change log, change requests, communication plan, project forecast and reconciliation, IT Value, status reports, and management presentations. Is able to lead meetings with guidance.
2. Under minimal guidance assists director or project manager with the portfolio management decision process through the support of the creation of project charters, scopes, risk assessments and budgets.
3. Under minimal guidance assists director or project manager with coordination of projects. Under minimal guidance assists project teams in the development and implementation of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
4. Provides appropriate performance feedback for project team members.
5. Under minimal guidance assists the director or project manager with project risk and change management aspects for projects.
6. Under minimal guidance enters and maintains work plans in the project management tool.
7. Coordinates activity to enable project manager to complete vendor and resource management.
8. Under minimal guidance assists director or project manager with project reporting and communication
9. Under minimal guidance may coach project team members on the basic project management tools and templates. Assists/trains new project managers on use of project management tools, templates, and procedures.
10. Under minimal guidance assures proper quality standards are maintained for project tools and templates.
11. Demonstrates competency in maintaining project documents using approved methodology, tools, and templates.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in business, management information systems, computer science or related field. BA or equivalent is preferred.
Knowledge: Must have basic knowledge of project management and systems development lifecycle processes, tools, concepts and methodologies. Understands the Solution Delivery life cycle (SDLC) methods and procedures. Must have basic knowledge of insurance and financial services industry, operations, customers and businesses. Must be aware of Nationwide?s strategic vision, direction, and values.
Experience: Three years of IT or business experience is preferred. Project management experience or training is desirable.
Skills: Must have knowledge of project management methodology and tools. Must have strong communication and organization skills. Must be a team player who learns quickly. Must be skilled at maintaining projects in project management tool (NIKU) and creating project management work products; for example, agenda, meeting minutes, business case, charter, scope, work plan, risk log, change log, change requests, communication plan, project forecast and reconciliation, IT Value, architectural review, design review, information security review, obtaining approvals, and drafting presentations and status reports with direct supervision.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: Officer/VP and Human Resources.
Overtime Eligibility: Not eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Non-standard and/or extended hours based on project needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: Evaluated January 2006 SMP
Scottsdale Insurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nationwide, benefiting from the backing of one of the largest insurance and financial service providers in the United States. EOE/M/F/D/V.