Published: Aug 15th, 2023, 20:36
Riot has revealed over 40 tournaments for 2023 VCT Off//Season across Americas, EMEA, and Pacific. Here are complete details about them,
The wait is finally over, as Riot has announced the complete schedule and an initial list of all VCT events for the offseason 2023. Riot has partnered with multiple tournament organizers across multiple countries to organize more than 40 tournaments where teams can test out their rosters and get prepared with the best for the 2024 VCT season.
Ever since the Ascension got over, teams have been asking for this, and a lot of players were forced to become free agents due to the lack of announcement. Now that it’s here, you can find the complete list of all the 2023 VCT Offseason Events across all regions, including Americas, EMEA, and Pacific, below.
All 2023 VCT Offseason Events
- Multiplatform Esports Game 2023 (MEG): It will take place in Brazil from October 5 to November 4, with the Finals being a LAN event at Arena Carioca, Rio de Janeiro.
- Resistance Cup by G-Shock: It will be an online event that will take place in Brazil from September 12 to 15 and will feature eight invited biggest Brazilian orgs. It will follow a knockout format where defeat is not an option.
- GGWP 2023: Another LAN event happening in Brazil with the primary goal to connect the base of “amateurs” with the professionals. The finals of the tournament will be happening on November 25 and 26.
- Neon Dream Women’s VALORANT Invitational: The online event will take place from September 6 to 10 and will feature 6 invited Game Changers teams along with 2 teams who will qualify from Open Qualifiers. These 8 teams will compete for a $10,000 prize pool.
- Spike Drop – Vegas Heist: Happening in Las Vegas, the tournament will feature a unique format by introducing Agent Drafting in a LAN event. It will run from October 27 to 29.
- For Those Who Dare: Starting on September 30 and running all the way to November 4, this event will feature T1, T2, and GC teams. The tournament will feature $15,000 prize pool and will consist of two open qualifiers, each featuring eight teams in a double-elimination bracket. The top four teams will qualify for the LAN stage happening in Fremont, and all of their expenses will be covered by the tournament organizer.
- The Knight’s Forge: It will be a LAN event taking place from September 21 to 24 in Pittsburgh and will feature 32 top NA teams competing for a $15,000 prize pool.
- The Cozy Clash: It will be a combination of Online and LAN tournaments and will take place from November 6 to 17 at Lenovo Legion Esports Center Home of Complexity Gaming Complexity. The event will feature a $40,000 prize pool.
- The OFF//SEASON Showdown: Presented by Sean Gares, the event will give everyone a chance to compete to be among the top 128 teams bracket, and from there the top 6 teams will compete against teams from VCT, Game Changers, and Challengers for a $15,000 prize pool.
- Liquid Open: Taking place from October 2 to 15, it will be a multi-region open online tournament featuring a total prize pool of $12,000.
- AGS Cup: The 9th edition of the tournament will take place from September 3 to October 16 in Centro Costa Salguero, Argentina. The event will have an open qualifier stage to select the top 8 teams that will compete at live stages of the Argentina Game Show in front of the crowd.
- ACE Double Down: This event will take place from October 19 to 28 in the LATAM North region and will follow an interesting format. Each team will start off with a fixed prize money, and they will earn more with each victory; however, losing will be expensive as for each loss the team will lose half of their current prize money.
- Plant the Spike for Charity: It will be an online invitational event happening in LATAM from November 2 to 5. Each team will have a captain and the rest of the team will consist of the squad with pro players, casters, or influencers and the complete prize money will go to charity.
- SUPERDOME: It will be a LATAM LAN event that will take place from November 10 to 12 at El Coliseo Live, Bogota, Colombia.
- VALORANT Cross-Fire: It will be an invitational event that will run from November 15 to 26 for both LATAM North and South featuring 8 teams consisting of players from Game Changers and Challengers.
- Geek Lounge VALORANT Invitational: The event is for LATAM South teams and will take place from November 28 to December 9. It will be an online invitational tournament hosting 8 teams competing for the trophy.
- Mineski VxV 2023: The tournament will take place in Manila, Philippines from August 18 to November 5 and will feature both Online and Offline stages.
- CEASE//FIRE All Star Showmatch: It will be an offline Arena level tournament that will take place in Manila and will feature Team Secret against an international All-Star team on November 19.
- Asia Pacific Predator League Grand Finals: Taking place on January 13 and 14 at Mall of Asia Arena, Manila, this event will have local qualifiers for each participating territory and the winners of each local qualifier will compete at the Grand Finals for the title.
- Red Bull Home Ground: It is a pro Valorant Invitational event that will take place from September 11 to November 5. The tournament will feature competition between multiple tier 1 teams from around the world and the best teams from Japan and will take place at the historic Sumo arena Ryogoku Kokugikan.
- AFREECATV VALORANT LEAGUE: The event will feature eight invited teams from six countries and will take place at Afreeca Colosseum (South Korea) from December 5 to 10.
- TEN_ VALORANT GLOBAL INVITATIONAL: The tournament will feature 4 invited teams from around the world and will take place at Busan E-sports Arena, South Korea on October 7 and 8.
- Penta Pro Series – VALORANT | Season 2: The event will be a mix of online and LAN stages and will take place in Mumbai from October 25 to December 10. Two teams from the open qualifiers at this event will proceed to the group stage to compete against the 6 invited teams. From there 4 teams will qualify for the Playoffs and will compete at the LAN event for the trophy.
- VALORANT India Invitational 23: The event will put some of the best teams across the world against the best in India. It will be a LAN event taking place from November 24 to 26.
- TEC Challenger Series – Official VCT OFF//SEASON Event 2023: The tournament will take place from August 8 to September 3 as a LAN event at GMC Balayogi Sports Complex in India. Top 4 teams from Online Qualifiers will qualify for Group Stages and will compete alongside 8 invited teams. Top 4 teams from there will qualify for the LAN event in Hyderabad.
- FFL RESORT in Okinawa Ver.VALORANT: It will be a vacation where pro players and streamers will participate in an offline event and other fun activities in Okinawa, Japan from October 13 to 15.
- HACG CUP: Taking place in Sazatuka, esports studio, Japan on November 18, the event will give esports students to play alongside pro players. Qualifying rounds will be held for students across the country, and the winning teams will be a part of the mixed student-professional dream teams.
- Japan Hype Up Tour JAPAN: This event will take place in Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya from October 2 to November 11.
- The VALORANT Sensational Social Summer Shindig: It is an online event for the Oceania region taking place from September 8 to 10 and will feature guest appearances from some of OCE’s biggest talents.
- The Liquid Open: This online tournament will target Australia and New Zealand and will give every player a chance to create a team with their friends and compete in a high level tournament from October 9 to 22.
- XP Esports: This LAN event happening at Local LAN Centers Queensland will give grassroot players a chance to represent their team and compete for the winners title. The tournament will run from October 4 to 22.
- The Nerdpunt Invitational: With the goal to promote the presence of marginalized genders in the pro Valorant scene, this online event will run from November 11 to 19 featuring professional-level prizes.
- Spike Nations – EMEA: The event will bring together six countries from the EMEA region to compete for the glory of being the best nation in the game. The tournament will run from October 24 to December 17 and will consist of both online and offline phases. The Finals will take place at Gamergy Madrid (Spain) and will feature pros from VCT, Semipros from the VCL, talented competitors from the Amateur Circuits, and rising stars from the VCT Game Changers program.
- SUPERDOME: The tournament will showcase the best esports teams from the MENA and international regions and consists of an online phase from November 4 to 10 and an offline phase from December 6 to 9 at the Cairo International Stadium.
- Coupe De France: Running from September 21 to October 1, this online tournament will feature the top 12 teams from the Challengers and the VRC France and Benelux, and the winner will be crowned as “Champion de France.”
- STYRDA VALORANT NORDIC CLASH: It will be an online event that will run from October 2 to December 17 featuring top-performing squads of every skill level.
- Crossfire x Mediamarkt e Intel: The tournament will begin on October 2 with the Final taking place on November 12 at UBEAT Live (Barcelona). The event will feature multiple online stages before the final phase featuring some of the best teams in EMEA.
- Challengers DACH Arcade: It will be an online tournament that will begin on September 16 and last till November 26 and will feature a unique format. There will be a total of 8 Challengers DACH teams and each team will start with 5 lives and will lose one life for each lost series. The winners of each series will get to pick their next rival team, and after seven days, the top 4 teams will compete in double elimination playoff bracket for the ultimate title.
- THE POKAL: The event will take place in GSA/DACH region and will feature both 8 VCD and 16 PROJECT V teams along with 8 additional teams that qualify from the Open Qualifier Cup. The Grand Final will be an offline event in Cologne while the rest of the stages will be played online.
- Challengers Portugal – Drift: This tournament will feature 8 amateur teams qualifying from open qualifiers and all of the 8 Challengers Portugal teams in the second stage of the tournament, and you will be able to see fierce competition. The Finals will take place on November 25 and 26 at Lisboa Games Week.
- ESA Open Fire All Stars: The event will begin in November with the Final taking place in December. It will feature an online group stage and offline playoffs at ESA Espor Arena and throughout the tournament, the best teams in Turkey will compete for the ultimate trophy.
Written by Rabia Sayal
Rabia leads the coverage of her first love, VALORANT, and is also a die-hard fan of Genshin Impact’s lore and character designs, though she misses playing retro games like Mario, Roadrash, Need for Speed II, and a lot more. She is currently enjoying Honkai: Star Rail and is eagerly waiting for Minecraft The Wild update. You will also find her playing Fireboy and Watergirl when she is feeling pretty lazy and wants to play It Takes Two once again sometime soon. You can also find her past work on the likes of Gamepur, Sportskeeda, Hard Drive, and more publications. Along with being a gamer, she has done Masters in Mathematics and loves to play with numbers.