Analyst, Global Security
Great vacations begin with great employees!
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, FL. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
The position of Analyst, Global Security is critical to the effective and efficient utilization of resources in the Global Security, Safety, Environment; and Medical/Public Health departments. Assists in the preparation of all financial budgets, and thereafter tracks expenditures throughout the year. The Analyst advises the Sr. Manager, SEH Strategic Planning and makes adjustments as may be necessary. The Analyst also supports the RCL Watch List, Sex Offender Alert Program (SOAP) and Fleet Visitor Request system. As part of these responsibilities, the Analyst presents Watch List and/or SOAP candidates to an inter-departmental committee and facilitates decision on their ability to sail.
- Prepares, manages, tracks and adjusts the Global Security, Safety, Environment, and Medical / Public Health department budgets.
- Reviews daily watch list reports and uses independent judgment to determine if a future guest’s identity is a match for a watch list guest.
- Updates watch list guest profile data in the Watch List Database.
- Communicates watch list matches to senior management and actions decisions on guest sailing status.
- Analyzes the RCL Watch List and provides data to leadership for decision making purposes.
- Develops and tests new mechanisms and procedures to improve the Watch List process.
- Reviews daily Sex Offender Alert Program (SOAP) reports and uses independent judgment to determine if a future guest’s identity is a match for a registered sex offender.
- Maintains and documents SOAP guest identifiers.
- Communicates SOAP matches to senior management and takes action to implement decisions on guest sailing status.
- Incumbent serves as the company’s primary point of contact for all Fleet Visitor Requests.
- Duties include maintaining Access Approval email database and FVR system.
- Independently makes the decision to approve or deny requests for ship visits.
- Additionally the incumbent will field suggestions, add vendors, add approvers and respond to requests for information.
- Coordinates with other departments approve ship access requests.
- Develops and documents standards for measuring efficiency and effectiveness of security operations.
- May be required to assist with Situation Management responsibilities during high severity incidents.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget planning.
- Code and submit to Accounts Payable invoices for the S.E.H. Department.
- Tracks expenses involved in complying with Government rules as regulations as they may pertain to TWIC, APIS, and other matters within the employee’s areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor‘s degree required, major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience in the industry, shipboard or shore side.
- Ability to work independently to implement initiatives, track and guide departmental activities and maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of software applications such as Excel and MS Access.
- Good working knowledge of other management software such as Colonial, SQM, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the principles of effective public relations and effective oral and written communications skills.
- Will exhibit mature, responsible decision-making, problem solving and proven judgment skills.
- Knowledge of personal computers and reporting programs such as Pegasus, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Ability to keep detailed records and write clear, detailed reports.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
Join our team as an Analyst, Global Security. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 minutes to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.
Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!
RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.