On April 2, 2015, AFCEA Intelligence and the Coast Guard will partner to host a special, one day classified event tailored for members of industry and focusing on Coast Guard Intelligence.
With presentations from an array of senior Coast Guard leadership including VADM Charles D. Michel, U.S. Coast Guard Deputy Commandant for Operations and RADM Christopher J. Tomney, Assistant Commandant for Coast Guard Intelligence and Criminal Investigations, this industry day will provide valuable background to enable the private sector to better partner with the Coast Guard.The agenda will explore how Coast Guard will continue to invest in the 21st century and explain how industry can help to ensure safe, secure, and environmentally responsible maritime activities. Attendees will gain a greater understanding of the Coast Guard Intelligence vision and direction in a changing fiscal and operational environment, plus a sense of what technologies, capabilities, and services are needed most by Coast Guard Intelligence professionals. As background for this event, the following documents are offered by the Coast Guard:
- U.S. Coast Guard Commandant’s Direction 2014
- U.S. Coast Guard Western Hemisphere Strategy 2014
- Written testimony of USCG Commandant Admiral Robert Papp Jr. for a House Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Homeland Security hearing on the U.S. Coast Guard FY 2015 Budget Request
- Written testimony of USCG Deputy Commandant for Operations Vice Admiral Charles Michel for a House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation hearing titled “Maintaining Coast Guard Readiness:”
- U.S. Coast Guard FY 2015 Budget in Brief