Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
Open Until Filled
Under administrative direction of the Information Technology Services Director, the ITS Assistant Director ensures the streamlined operation of the Information Technology Services team. As second in charge of the University’s Information Technology Department, this position is accountable for the delivery of effective and efficient customer service and IT service management. The Assistant Director also works collaboratively with the Director to install, maintain, and support computer systems and communication networks, ensuring systems and networks operate optimally to provide maximum performance and availability to users and students/customers.
Description of Job Duties
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Serves as a resource to Director and Functional Team Leads to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and making improvement/changes.
- Participate and assist with the strategic planning for IT, both long and short-term, and its execution, to include fiscal and administrative decision-making, vendor negotiation, contract management, technology procurement, resource alignment, and making actionable recommendations.
- Assists in support to track, troubleshoot, and resolve ERP System and interface issues
- Participates in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new software systems and services related to the ERP platform
- Assists in the acquisition, effective distribution, and management of University technology resources and serves as a technical advisor to academic and administrative departments on information system issues and their technology needs by using an understanding of statewide hardware and software contracts and local purchasing arrangements to provide specifications for suggested hardware and/or software solutions compliant with University-wide standards and available financial resources.
- Manages small and large information technology projects that impact the entire University by initiating, tracking, executing, and controlling cross-functional and cross-divisional teams and creates, maintains, and distributes communications ranging from highly technical to high-level executive summaries.
- Provides ongoing technical expertise, knowledge, and understanding of complex licensing agreements and the University policies and procedures related to information technology.
- Assists the Director with the development of operational procedures, strategic planning, and disaster recovery planning.
- In the absence of the Director, ensures continuity in the management and operation of the Information Technology Services department by assuming the duties and responsibilities, when requested.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Information Technology Services department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
- Knowledge and skill set associated with reviewing and making recommendations for Cloud Services contracts related to Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Data Classification, Information Security, Intellectual Property, Implementation Services, Fees, Project Management, Transition Services, Backup Services, and Termination Clauses to ensure all Company standards and industry best practices are met.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education with disciplines relating to Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Knowledge of CRM systems and integration with Ellucian Colleague
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional and educational setting with three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient in data collection, manipulation, reporting and statistical analysis
- Knowledge and experience of networking and security principles necessary to configure and maintain network infrastructure for an institution of higher learning.
- Highly motivated with strong communication and organizational skills; attentive to detail
- Collaborative; problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to design and improve systems
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively while working in a time critical, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent customer service and strong written communication skills
- Ability to work well with staff, students, and faculty
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Available occasional nights and weekends
Anticipated Start Date
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
SWOSU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, genetic information, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquires regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of HR, 100 Campus Drive, Weatherford, OK 73096, (580) 774-3275.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.