As a Cybersecurity Platform Engineer, you’ll be responsible for scaling, operating, and improving the security platforms that protect a global media and entertainment company. You’ll be joining NBCUniversal Cybersecurity at an exciting time where we transition to more proactive defenses – help us roll out world-class tools to stay ahead of threats and keep the company safe. This is a great way to learn the ropes of an enterprise security team – if you’ve used Kali or Security Onion in a lab and you wonder what it would look like to scale security tools to a large environment this could be the role for you. We are looking for top talent and will calibrate this role based on experience.
- Support and enable the secure operation of technology throughout NBCUniversal
- Participate in a team that delivers consistent functionality and availability of our security tools, platforms, and infrastructure
- Provide excellent support and service to business customers and the incident response team – help share knowledge, and work with others in and outside the team to make security better
- Help establish and follow consistent processes to ensure health and stability of security platforms and build monitoring to proactively identify potential issues
- Build, configure, and maintain commercial and internally-developed security platforms
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed documentation and diagrams, while also collaborating with other team members on standard processes and technology roadmaps.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours, and be available to perform maintenance and critical operations as needed
- This position may require occasional business travel
- Exposure to large enterprise environments and troubleshooting systems around availability, monitoring, connectivity and operationalizing applications.
- Linux, Windows operating systems. Comfortable with CLI.
- Exposure to various security applications around network security (Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet), Endpoint Security/EDR (Symantec, Carbon Black, Crowdstrike).
- Basic understanding around networking protocols, OSI Model, and common TCP/UDP ports.
- Understanding of SIEM Technologies (Splunk/ArcSight) and other logging services.
- Understanding of testing applications across platforms and performing system maintenance.
- Experience deploying and configuring applications in the cloud (AWS, Google, Azure)
- Web application security and WAF knowledge
- Experience with scripting and performing automation with various languages (Perl, Python, Bash, etc.).