Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a startup company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds 9 billion. The company’s operating philosophy has proven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations with over 74,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
The Corporate IS Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Associate Information Security Analyst.
As part of a team of more experienced staff, the Associate Information SecurityAnalyst supports and assists with the implementation and maintenance of UHS applications or systems intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of UHS and affiliates Information Services assets.Monitors the resolution of maintenance or enhancement issues assigned by the UHS Customer Support Center or more senior members of the Information Security Team.Implements modifications to existing applications that will effectively accomplish desired objectives, with guidance from more senior team members.Provides technical support to UHS entities as needed.Meets deadlines and ensures continued progress toward assignment completion. Shares experience with other members of team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Researches and resolves tickets including major security solution implementations and upgrades.
- Assists will Risk and Vulnerability Assessment Remediation
- Assists with Patch Management Remediation
- Assists with Vendor and Third Party Risk Management
- Adheres to UHS Service Level and Change Management Policies.
- Provides on-call support as scheduled.
- Establishes and maintains regular communications with user community.
- Regularly meets with users, vendors, and IS staff to develop/modify system specifications.
- Assists with the implementations of security solutions and prepares the appropriate documentation.
- Researches and resolves technical security-related tickets.
- Adheres to appropriate UHS Project Management standards.
- Ensures strict adherence to work plans, reporting all serious deviations to management
- Assists with the training of users in operating procedures for security solutions.
This position requires a college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. No working experience is required. Up to one year of Information Technology or Systems experience would enhance the skills and abilities necessary to perform this job.
Skills: Basic understanding of the following or similar information security technologies:
oIntrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
oEncryption technologies for data at rest and data in transit
oMobile device and removable media protection or management systems
oSecurity Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
oCommon Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) databases
- Basic understanding of risk assessment and risk management concepts or processes.
- Basic knowledge of vendor risk and vendor management
- Basic knowledge of information security best practice standards or frameworks.
- Basic knowledge of general IS standards and quality methods and metrics.
- Basic knowledge of project management methods.
- Has a general familiarity with business practices, concepts and terminology sufficient to support the security applications or systems and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and be details oriented.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. UHS offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and benefits programs including medical, dental, life insurance and 401k.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to “UHS or UHS facilities” on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms “we,” “us,” “our” or “the company” in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.