Baby girl thrown from powerful BMW and killed during crash after ‘dad’, 30, failed to put her in car seat or even restrain her with seat belt pictured | #childsafety | #kids | #chldern | #parents | #schoolsafey

  • A nine-month-old baby has died after a horror crash in Goodyear Arizona
  • The man, 30, driving the BMW was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries

A baby girl died when the BMW her dad was driving crashed and she was flung from it – after he failed to put her in a baby seat or even secure her with a seatbelt.

The horror smash that killed the infant, named only as Nylah online, happened in Goodyear, Arizona, on the afternoon of September 17.

The 30-year-old driver, her father Larry, was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries and it remains unclear what condition he’s in as police investigate the tragic incident.

Goodyear fire and Arizona Fire and Medical Authority responded to the devastating single-vehicle crash at about 12.20pm and preliminary investigations confirmed the driver had not been impaired, although speeding has not been ruled out.

A nine-month-baby girl has died in a horror crash after being ejected from a BMW that she’d been left in unsecured, when it smashed into a Utility pole in Arizona. A beaming picture of young Nylah sitting among toys was posted to a Go Fund Me page started by the family
A nine-month-old girl was killed  and her 30-year-old dad is clinging to life after their BMW vehicle crashed into a utility pole on Sunday in Goodyear, Arizona
The infant and the man were thrown from the powerful vehicle around the noon. The vehicle was smashed (pictured)

Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office told AZ Family that there was no car seat found in the vehicle and neither had been wearing seat belts at the time.

Family wrote: ‘Hello everyone, it is with a heavy heart today we ask for your help to raise money to help Cinthya our niece with funeral expenses for their sweet angel Nylah and to help with medical costs as Larry heals in hospital care. 

‘She is a stay at home Mom and cared for Nylah everyday, while Larry was the sole income source for their family. 

‘Please pray for the Lawal/Luna/Zamora family in these difficult moments. We thank you in advance, God bless!’

They have so far raised $6,185 of their $20,000 goal. 

Neighbors living nearby experienced a brief power outage as a result of the car crash
Another concerned neighbor
‘My condolences and prayers go out to their families and everyone affected. That’s so so sad,’ said Emily Luetke (pictured), who lives nearby
Perryville Road where the car crash occurred, was closed for several hours while crews cleared the scene

The mangled remains of the vehicle were ushered away from the crash site as concerned neighbors grappled with the tragedy which unfolded near their homes.

‘My condolences and prayers go out to their families and everyone affected. That’s so so sad,’ Emily Luetke, who lives nearby, said to the outlet.

‘Just absolutely devastating it’s so sad, and it sucks that it’s so close to home, too, and it’s scary. You always got to be very careful when you’re driving.’

Perryville Road was closed for close to six hours while crews worked to clear the scene. It has since reopened. 

The tragedy took place near a straight, residential road and the neighbors said it’s hard to make sense of why it happened
The Goodyear Police Department has been promoting proper car seat usage and child safety tips on social media throughout the past week

The car crash occurred near a straight, residential road which made it hard for people to make sense of the incident which happened in broad daylight.

It comes as the Goodyear Police Department is promoting Child Passenger Safety Week including promoting proper car seat usage and child safety tips.

Goodyear Police stressed the importance of keeping infants rear-facing as long as possible and warned not to leave a child unattended in a parked car.

It remains unclear why the child was not seated properly nor buckled. has contacted Goodyear Police Department for comment and reached out to members of the family but did not immediately hear back.


Source link

National Cyber Security